Pre-Game Talk: GM 9: Vancouver Canucks vs. Carolina Hurricanes - Oct 28 - 7:00PM PST - SNET VAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
No idea what's going on with the Canes. Has Eric Staal disappeared, did he just go home and call it a season? :laugh:

At one point they had Eric, Jordan and Skinner all out with injury. For a bad team to begin with, that's like impossible to deal with.

Skinner is back now but their centers are still depressing.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I think their roster might be able to compete with Buffalo's while the Staals are out. I heard Eric is supposed to be back against us though.

Edit: compete for last place that is.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
I feel so bad for Canes fans.. But this is Out House!

images

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Going by the recent trend we should expect to lose this game in a dramatic fashion with lets say 8 goals against. Sbisa with the 2-for-1 pizza giveaway.

We are a good against outhouse teams. Willie's offensive style game will run up the score. 7-0 (I'll get right one of these days). Should go 3-1 for the next 4 before things settle into an interesting stretch of games.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Jim Jamieson ‏@JamiesonCanucks 43m43 minutes ago
Hurricanes will have Eric Staal back in the lineup vs Canucks on Tuesday. Cam Ward will get start in goal.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
There is no way we should lose this game.

When Horvat returns I think this would be a good lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Vey - Horvat - Kassian
Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Vey and Kassian play well together and Horvat is a good forechecker and supposed to be good at faceoffs. Fights hard along the boards and should be good for the PK as well.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Drop the Sopel said:
Our schedule through 8 games hasn't been butter soft. We have faced the 3rd, 4th, 8th, 16th, 17th, 27th, 28th, 28th ranked teams from last season. As a collective group, that looks like a median or average type field of competition. To be 5-3 against that group has to be seen as a positive for a team with a new head coach that was the worst team in the NHL over the final 40+ games of last season.

I have no problem with the anti-management group preaching patience right now. Just understand it sounds pretty silly after all the conversations that were had this summer, where so few people wanted to see how the new personnel acquitted themselves on the ice before loudly proclaiming every move was awful.

We've got a nice little streak coming up

24th 9th 28th 19th

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
There is no way we should lose this game.

When Horvat returns I think this would be a good lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Vey - Horvat - Kassian
Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen

Vey and Kassian play well together and Horvat is a good forechecker and supposed to be good at faceoffs. Fights hard along the boards and should be good for the PK as well.

I would stick with Matthias-Richardson-Kassian as the 3rd...
they are bulding a little something there... slowly building back to their late last season chemistry/effectiveness.

Add Horvat onto the 4th line which has been getting scored on consistently...
You will quickly find out if he can sink or swim in the NHL...
Dorsett/Hansen-Horvat-Vey.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ugh looks like kuzma has moved on from ebett to join the iain macintyre tom sestito crusade. I like our 4th line better this year without him.

"Ben Kuzma @benkuzma · 3h 3 hours ago
With a brouhaha between the Sharks/Ducks and the Canucks in Cali next week, Desjardins said this of Sestito: "Tom needs a chance." #canucks"

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Team building with Perry Pearn is quite interesting...

Nothing like having 8 voices trying to direct you (specially when one of those voices is Alex Burrows).

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I want to predict blow out cause the canes are a awful team but i think they to give a good effort and we play to there level but pull a 3-2 win. Goals by Daniel Burrows Richardson

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Canes have to win at some point and with their #1 center returning it may as well be vs us. 3-2 canes, I expect some motivation from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad