GDT: [GM 77] Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings | Saturday, April 6th | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

WHEN: April 6th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles, CA, USA
TV:
Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

TBD

Kings Line-Up:

TBD

Season Series:

February 29, 2024 - Kings def. Canucks 5-1
March 5, 2024 - Canucks def. Kings - 2-1
March 25, 2024 - Kings def. Canucks - 3-2

King Killers:
J.T. Miller - 23GP, 6G, 18A, 24Pts
Brock Boeser - 19GP, 16G, 6A, 22Pts
Elias Pettersson - 17GP, 9G, 11A, 20Pts

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
You made this so fast I have to delete the one I was making.

Should've asked @Baby Pettersson to merge the threads for you. I heard he's an expert thread combiner.

dbz-dragonball.gif

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Division Race
Canucks:
6th: @ Kings
7th: vs Golden Knights
10th: vs Coyotes
13th: @ Oilers
16th: vs Flames
18th: @ Jets

102 points
6 games remaining. Plenty of rest. No back-to-backs. Even split of road and home games. Two non-playoff teams.

Oilers:
5th: vs Avalanche
6th: @ Flames
10th: vs Golden Knights
12th: vs Coyotes
13th: vs Canucks
15th: vs Sharks
17th: @ Coyotes
18th: @ Avalanche

95 points
8 games remaining. 3 back-to-back series. Next set of games is a home and away back-to-back. Face the Canucks in the second game of a back-to-back. 4 non-playoff teams.

Canucks currently hold the tie-breaker with 41 regulation wins to 35.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Division Race
Canucks:

102 points
6 games remaining. Plenty of rest. No back-to-backs. Even split of road and home games. Two non-playoff teams.

Oilers:

95 points
8 games remaining. 3 back-to-back series. Next set of games is a home and away back-to-back. Face the Canucks in the second game of a back-to-back. 4 non-playoff teams.

The Canucks should easily win the Pacific, but they are playing like garbage so it's a tough call.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Could very well be a round one preview. Hope the boys can make it count.
This would be a dream scenario for the Kings because we dont match up very well with them.

The Oilers seem to completely own the Kings..McD,Drai,Hyman can poke holes in that 1-3-1, and force the Kings to open it up....If our PP is still sputtering, it would make a Canucks/Kings series a coin toss.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Division Race
Canucks:

102 points

Oilers:

95 points

Hope the Oilers end the season with 95 points.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wonder if Tocchet goes with Silovs in this one. He had high praise for his third period last night.

Will be interesting to see if Demko is activated, as I don't think they'd carry 3 goalies. I'd expect Silovs to be sent down and DeSmith to start if Demko is on the bench.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Will be interesting to see if Demko is activated, as I don't think they'd carry 3 goalies. I'd expect Silovs to be sent down and DeSmith to start if Demko is on the bench.

They can’t anyway. Silovs is up on emergency conditions. Once Demko is activated, Silovs and Bains have to be sent down to be cap compliant.

Reactions: Indiana and TruGr1t

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This would be a dream scenario for the Kings because we dont match up very well with them.

The Oilers seem to completely own the Kings..McD,Drai,Hyman can poke holes in that 1-3-1, and force the Kings to open it up....If our PP is still sputtering, it would make a Canucks/Kings series a coin toss.

LA does give the Oilers trouble in the playoffs. LA has had massive issues closing out a series. Blowing a 3-2 series lead in 2022 and also blowing a 3-0 lead in Game 5 last year that drastically changed their fortunes.

They come into a series with the Canucks having the mental edge and vital experience.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Oh yay, another kings game where the refs let them commit holding all game long. Apparently when LA doesn't have the puck and one-hands their sticks, they are allowed to use the other arm to slow down the opposing player. It's ridiculous how much they do it - keep an eye out for it, and you'll be amazed at how often it happens. The game will be full of highlights like Pod getting dragged down by the Arizona player last game, with no call - which was mind-blowingly obvious.

Also, any idea what the over/under is on unpenalized crosschecks or slashes that Doughty will get away with? He seems to take multiple cheapshots with his stick every time we play them, and refs always turn a blind eye.

Gonna have to beat them AND the refs if we want to win this one.

Reactions: calnuck

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh yay, another kings game where the refs let them commit holding all game long. Apparently when LA doesn't have the puck and one-hands their sticks, they are allowed to use the other arm to slow down the opposing player. It's ridiculous how much they do it - keep an eye out for it, and you'll be amazed at how often it happens. The game will be full of highlights like Pod getting dragged down by the Arizona player last game, with no call - which was mind-blowingly obvious.

Also, any idea what the over/under is on unpenalized crosschecks or slashes that Doughty will get away with? He seems to take multiple cheapshots with his stick every time we play them, and refs always turn a blind eye.

Gonna have to beat them AND the refs if we want to win this one.

This is the way it’s going to be for as long as the Canucks are a playoff team.

Minor hockey games are reffed better than the NHL, because those referees are calling the rule book. NHL refs are “managing games”. It’s complete horseshit.

And more often than not, it f***s the Canucks hard.

Reactions: calnuck and Indiana

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Dhaliwal just said on Canucks Talk he wouldn't even count on Demko being back Monday against Vegas, so doesn't sound like he'll be available for this game.

Reactions: Nucker101

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020

If the Canucks can't solve the Kings' 1-3-1, then they don't deserve to win the cup. They either slay the trap dragon, or it will be the most boring series of the playoffs.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Would prefer that to Bruce Cassidy coaching circles around Tocchet.

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad