Cole - Soucy

Silovs

Coyotes Line-Up:

TBD

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I continue to think that poor coaching decisions have absolutely neutered our offense. We need to establish an identity for each line and need to stick with a set line up.

You cannot just put grinders like Lafferty, Suter, PDG and Bains in the top 6 and expect reasonable results. Unfortunately we have to load up the lines and may have to sacrifice "scoring depth." Go back to a top 6 offensive unit, have your checking line and energy lines round out your bottom 6.

Admire the effort of Bains down in Abbotsford but it was evident in his 1st stint he simply wasn't ready, and this looks even more glaringly obvious as the intensity ramps up.

Also wonder what injury Lindholm has. He needs to get some games in asap so we can have a prayer he finds some chemistry with Pettersson. Just wonder if it's something that will require off-season surgery, or if it's a sprain or soft tissue injury. This could maybe explain his rather lackluster play this season?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Are we actually going with the same lines again, or is that just speculated?

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
There is no way they can play DeSmith again back to back. He will get lit.

I feel for the guy... he isn't made for this type of workload.

Are we actually going with the same lines again, or is that just speculated?
I am sure its speculated. There is no way they have had any communication about lines already and obv will have an optional skate if any at all.

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Lindholm-Podkolzin
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Lafferty

Tell me that isn't the best possible lines we could do,

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
No Bains, he ass dawg

I think the last few games have shown he's a bit out of his depth and needs more seasoning. Nothing wrong with that, but he should be going back to Abbotsford.

If Tocchet is wanting to get a look at some guys from Abbotsford, any of Dries, Karlsson, Raty and Sasson look deserving of a call up based on their strong play of late.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Deployment has to change, Tocc.

Suter - Miller - Boeser ----> 67% xG, 14-3 GF-GA
Hoglander - Pettersson - Mikheyhev (for now, to be replaced w/ Lindholm) -----> 53.5% xG, 5-2
Joshua - Blueger - Garland ------> 61% xG, 21-10
PDG/Podkolzin - Lafferty - Mikheyev/Podkolzin

Begging Tocchet to maximize the roster, please. And for the love of Henrik Sedin, just use your optimal PP1 alignment. Why are we trying these ineffective, random deployments?

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Expecting the Coyotes to come at us with much viciousness.
iapWt0.gif

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Much like Troy Terry in Anaheim...You wonder how good Clayton Keller would be on a good team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Much like Troy Terry in Anaheim...You wonder how good Clayton Keller would be on a good team.
Keller is the only current Coyote who has a legit shot at playing in a new AZ arena on their current contract. He has 4 years remaining. Takes close to 2 years from the time shovels hit the ground for an arena to be ready, around 21-22 months in a warm weather place like AZ, so long as the steel structure is closed up before the heat in July/Aug hit. But, between getting something approved and all of the red tape taken care of, it's probably 3 seasons away (or they play part of the 26/27) in Mullet. Crouse has 3 years left, so he also has a chance so long as something is approved in 2024.

That's really how long this AZ arena situation is taking. At least the Rams and Chargers had Sofi plans approved when they moved.

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

He's pretty freaking good by himself.

The Coyotes actually feel on the verge of having a pretty good group - another good draft and free agency season and they could be a playoff team, methinks. Whether or not they're in Arizona when that happens is the real question.

Incoming Michael Carcone goal tonight, assisted by Travis Dermott. No one plays the Canucks like ex-Canucks. :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's pretty freaking good by himself.

The Coyotes actually feel on the verge of having a pretty good group - another good draft and free agency season and they could be a playoff team, methinks. Whether or not they're in Arizona when that happens is the real question.

Incoming Michael Carcone goal tonight, assisted by Travis Dermott. No one plays the Canucks like ex-Canucks. :laugh:
AZ has acquired a lot of draft capital over the past couple of seasons and are loaded with 2nd rounders over the next 3 years with 7 and 4 extra 3rds. But, those players will be a long ways away from the NHL, so who knows.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The more I observe the more I’m convinced that this season has attracted many casual fans back on to the bandwagon.

Those are the same people that are always doom posting on social media when the teams aren’t playing well. Trade EP, blow the team up etc.

Because they haven’t experienced the past 8 years prior to this season so they thought everything was going to be smooth and sunshine. They can’t appreciate how fast things have turned around.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The more I observe the more I’m convinced that this season has attracted many casual fans back on to the bandwagon.

Those are the same people that are always doom posting on social media when the teams aren’t playing well. Trade EP, blow the team up etc.

Because they haven’t experienced the past 8 years prior to this season so they thought everything was going to be smooth and sunshine. They can’t appreciate how fast things have turned around.

I mean. I don't know that they've got anything on the doom posting we see here on HF. :laugh: Granted, we came by it honestly after suffering through a decade of Jim Benning. But still.

Reactions: Indiana and quat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad