GDT: Gm #73 OTT at BUF 27-Mar 7:00pm MSG, ESPN+ stream, WGR radio

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
The only silver lining to this miserable season will be the firing of the entire abysmal coaching staff.

What's that? Donny's extension begins ***next season***?

Oh, how nice. How very, very nice.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I expect all of it. He can clean his desk out in the morning.
Just start cleaning house
Adams has had multiple times this year where he should've fired the Granato, but just kept chugging along. I honestly believe he's going to blame injuries + selling at the TDL for the reason the team regressed. It's going to be hard to get excited for next season if Granato is still the coach of this team.

Reactions: beerme1

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What a shame, Granato and his entire staff should be fired. Adams is good too, but it won’t happen, but he needs a short leash and an experienced POHO, because Kevyn has absolutely no idea how to build a playoff team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Adams has had multiple times this year where he should've fired the Granato, but just kept chugging along. I honestly believe he's going to blame injuries + selling at the TDL for the reason the team regressed. It's going to be hard to get excited for next season if Granato is still the coach of this team.

I keep coming back to the Columbus embarrassment in December. At that point, they had knowingly frittered away the season and they were yet again, unprepared to play at home and got ran out of the rink. Granato did what they set out to do in terms of reclamations, but they are now probably a season to a season and a half removed from that needing to be how things go. They need to actually start playing like adults now. That doesn’t necessarily mean they need some sort of hard ass or to be skated but Don and his merry band of minor league bros are no longer the answer.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Even better:
(A) ask why he didn't call a timeout after 2-0.

(B) Then, stoically follow-up with why didn't you call a timeout after 3-0?

(C) Then, with even greater stoicism, ask if it crossed his mind to call a timeout after 4-0.

(D) Finally, ask if the unused timeout is worth something at Moe's the day after the game, win or lose.
Honest question, has Granato ever used a TO to calm the troops down? It seems he only ever uses them when down late in a game.

Reactions: brian_griffin

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Seriously, I tuned in a few minutes into the first. Saw the first GA, went back to rewatching the Sopranos.

tuned back in for a hot second when it was 5-2. May have been near the end of the second. Saw that Levi was in net and Ottawa pick off two different crazy cross-ice/neutral zone passes. Then I saw passing was just a total mess, there was no support.

It's time to shake this team up. The problem is if it's coaching (and it is), what is the point of shaking up the roster? If it's the GM, why would you want this GM shaking up the roster and bringing in more of the same?

It's a cluster.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Good teams don't complain or make excuses about the schedule. Its insulting to the fans that they use it as an excuse.
It's disingenuous. Has nothing to do with whether a team is good or bad. Leading teams like BOS, NYR, FLA, make the same multi-game west-coast trips that the Sabres, Canadiens, Senators, and Blue Jackets do. Compare the combined performance of the 4 leaders with the 4 laggards on their return from west coast trips. I'll bet a free Moe's burrito code the Sabres are conspicuously worse than their League-laggard brethren.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
It's disingenuous. Has nothing to do with whether a team is good or bad. Leading teams like BOS, NYR, FLA, make the same multi-game west-coast trips that the Sabres, Canadiens, Senators, and Blue Jackets do. Compare the combined performance of the 4 leaders with the 4 laggards on their return from west coast trips. I'll bet a free Moe's burrito code the Sabres are conspicuously worse than their League-laggard brethren.
You say it has nothing to do with the team being good or bad then quote the 3 best teams in the league as an example.

You cant have one without the other because good teams dont have excuses.

It has everything to do with good or bad and when I say good I meaning winning teams.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
You say it has nothing to do with the team being good or bad then quote the 3 best teams in the league as an example.

You cant have one without the other because good teams dont have excuses.

It has everything to do with good or bad and when I say good I meaning winning teams.
To clarify, when I say it's disingenuous, I don't mean you/your argument, I mean Dunleavy/Ray or Duff/Biron invoking the state-run-media excuse of returning from a west-coast trip.

And my point is exactly that - I cite a handful of best teams in the east, and a handful of worst teams in the east, and say every Eastern team, good or bad, makes Western loop trips. One assumes the better teams in the East collectively have a better record returning from those games than the worse teams, in line with their overall records, AND the worse teams in the East collectively have a poor record returning from those games BUT ALSO in line with the overall worse records.

Whereas I bet the Sabres have a worse record than the other bad teams in the East when returning from such trips.

I think we're agreeing. Good teams don't have excuses. Bad teams shouldn't have the excuse. The Sabres seek/endorse the excuse, making them the worst of the bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad