GDT: Gm 64: Boston Bruins @ Florida Panthers | 3/9/14 | 5P ET | NESN, NHLN-CA | 98.5 FM

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Meszaros finally awarded the goal. Yeti stripped of another one (happened several times this season), shame he didn't get the one that Brian Campbell kicked into the post. Still an assist for him, and great game. Bergy was awesome tonight. Marchand and Reilly were both much better than they've been the last couple of games. Still love what I'm seeing from Miller, really solid.

Really? Thought that clearly went off Carl's shinpad.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
The Bruins are much better against bad teams than good teams, that is not a good sign heading into the playoffs.

Wouldn't that be the trend for most teams?

But still, the Bruins have 40 wins, I'm sure they didn't all come against bad teams.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I hope they're just playing it safe w/ Paille. Way more important than many give him credit for. Last night is a perfect example, he makes the 4th line a legit threat.

Glad to see Krug, Smith, and even Iggy get it going again.

First time Mesaros touched the puck was a nightmare. After that he calmed down and looked ok. I also like that we have another guy that can one-time a puck from the point.

Looks like

@AmalieBenjamin: Paille update: "Doctors didn't allow him to come back. He took that hit. I'm told it's not very serious," Julien said.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Bruins are much better against bad teams than good teams, that is not a good sign heading into the playoffs.

Bs have actually been pretty good against good teams this year. Cannot be tops in the East just beating up on crappy teams.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
I'de say that's a pretty good first game for Mez...worried about Pie though...hope not another concussion..

I thought, overall, he was sloppy. He looked unsure with his passes, and was, in general, passive with his offensive play. Don't know how much rust he has (don't know how much PT he had been getting in Philly). I'll take it, though for a start.

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
Really good win today for the Bruins. I thought they played well and Johnson continues to impress. 13-3-1 as a backup is pretty darn good, and I have full confidence in him starting when called upon.

I thought Meszaros had a pretty good game, a couple bad decisions in his own end but that's to be expected coming into a new system especially one like the Bruins.

I am still a little disappointed Dougie was scratched today, especially after watching Bartkowski struggle. I can't imagine Dougie will be on the shelf next game against Montreal. My guess is Bartkowski is next up to take a seat on the 9th.

Finally the 3rd line continues to look good, they have started generating some solid chemistry. Chris Kelly has looked fantastic since the Olympic break ended, and Loui is turning the corner IMO. Carl has been very good and improving with every game. Look out Eastern Conference because it appears the Bruins have a pretty lethal 3rd line.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Really good win today for the Bruins. I thought they played well and Johnson continues to impress. 13-3-1 as a backup is pretty darn good, and I have full confidence in him starting when called upon.

I thought Meszaros had a pretty good game, a couple bad decisions in his own end but that's to be expected coming into a new system especially one like the Bruins.

I am still a little disappointed Dougie was scratched today, especially after watching Bartkowski struggle. I can't imagine Dougie will be on the shelf next game against Montreal. My guess is Bartkowski is next up to take a seat on the 9th.

Finally the 3rd line continues to look good, they have started generating some solid chemistry. Chris Kelly has looked fantastic since the Olympic break ended, and Loui is turning the corner IMO. Carl has been very good and improving with every game. Look out Eastern Conference because it appears the Bruins have a pretty lethal 3rd line.

I think Johnson may have a perfect or almost perfect record at home. Tonight he had that one club though-defense broke down but he just wasn't positioned well.

Love having a dangerous third line-that will serve the team well come playoffs. I wonder if the extra time off over the Olympics was good for Kelly-allowing a little healing time for his leg.

I think the Olympic break may have been bad for Iginla's timing-he's been getting points but that line is missing connections on passes and Iggy was a turnover machine tonight-too many sloppy, rushed passes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad