GDT: Gm 64: Boston Bruins @ Florida Panthers | 3/9/14 | 5P ET | NESN, NHLN-CA | 98.5 FM

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
mez was good on the power play. Has a good shot and can hit the one-timers. He will help our power play more than anything.

expected 4 points this weekend and we got them.
Tampa sure looks like a different team without msl. Not nearly as threatening. Wouldnt be surprised if they dont even make the top 8 now.

On to the smurfs wed nite.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
mez was good on the power play. Has a good shot and can hit the one-timers. He will help our power play more than anything.

expected 4 points this weekend and we got them.
Tampa sure looks like a different team without msl. Not nearly as threatening. Wouldnt be surprised if they dont even make the top 8 now.

On to the smurfs wed nite.

They now have Vanek, 6`2, 207lbs....not smurfs any longer, now a buncha bruisers:sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How was Meszaros tonight? Anyone think Claude sticks to this lineup and benches Hamilton vs Montreal?

played solid, made a few mistakes here and there, as you probably heard, took 6 shots....he`s never been one to be afraid of shooting.

I have to think Dougie checks back in, Bart sits next one

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
TOI totals from last night:

Z- 22:54
Mez- 20:36
JB- 19:56
Krug- 17:32
Bartkowski- 18:27
Miller- 16:51

I like the distribution of ice time and hopefully it continues. Would like Z to play a little less but this is much better than 24+.

Toffu

Jan 31, 2014
Good game, Mezzie was great.

And i just love goals on empty goal, huuh. :D

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I thought Mez looked fine for his first game. It seemed like he had some nerves early on, maybe some rust, and there were a couple of moments where it looked like he didn't know where to be on the ice. He made few bad decisions with the puck under pressure, but then he started to settle in.

Offensively, he looked more than comfortable. He looked good on the power play. He moves the puck quickly, understands how to create passing lanes, and as many have mentioned, he's not afraid to shoot.

I need to see more of him and against better competition, but I don't think he is the bum that some made him out to be. I just don't know who I want him in for at this point.

He might NEED to be paired with Chara, and I don't know if I like that as the first pairing in the playoffs. I'm not sure if he's as effective with anyone else. There should be some mixing and matching in the coming weeks to see what works. But at least he doesn't look like he'll be completely useless.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Nice game last night- way to spoil Luongo's 2nd Panther debut guys! :D

Hope Danny Paille is all right, I felt sick to my stomach when Jack Edwards announced that he was out for the rest of the game. :(

Glad to see Mezaros get his first goal as a Bruin :handclap:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Gkcg6iQ.png

How?

That doesn't count, because the East is terrible. :sarcasm:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Am I the only one that wasn't overly impressed with the new guy? Yeah, he scored (or did they end up giving that to Soderberg?) but his first few touches in the Boston zone were atrocious and he didn't do anything defensively to make me trust him.

Loved what he brought on one side of the ice, but he scared the hell out of me on the other end.

On the contrary, Kevan Miller outstanding once again. He looked a little harsh against the Rangers recently but otherwise he's been physical and steady. Which leads me to my next point, what's with the Bruins suddenly having all these young and completely capable defenders?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'd sit Bart, but that's just me.

Whether he sits permanently or not-Bart needs a trip to the pressbox.

If they sit Bart then Mez will play left side second pairing.

If Julien decides to use Mez with Chara it may not bode well for Dougie who will likely be the odd man out because none of the right defensemen can play left side. I think Miller will stay in the line up over Dougie for defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad