GDT: GM 63: Oilers At Pittsburgh 10am for me, 11am for Albertans

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Honestly, this is a rough schedule and the team looks gassed. I won't judge them too harshly for these past couple of games.

Tomorrows game will be the 6th game in 9 days in 6 different cities.
Yup...the schedule is brutal.
They play 4 games in 6 nights to start April and then close out the month with 6 games in 9 days.
Absolute garbage schedule.
If they can get through that without sustaining an injury that will be a win in and of itself.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Thankfully travelling from Buffalo to Pittsburgh isn't a huge distance.

So I can see the Oilers gutting this one out.

PS. Good luck with the time change tonight everyone. Don't miss having to worry about losing that hour up here in the Yukon.
Since it usually takes the Oilers an hour to get into the game after it starts, maybe they’ll be ready to go tomorrow.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Time to do the humane thing with Brown. Send the poor bugger to the farm to save him the daily embarrassment that this season has been for him. Our team was slow before the TD, and is even slower after the trade, and could really use Hollywood’s speed and energy in the bottom 6. Let’s face it, playing him down on the farm for a while is great in theory, but even if he gets 20 points down there in the next 10 games, he’ll still play 8-10 minutes in our bottom six. It’s the Oiler way. So don’t give the kid false hope, just bring him up and put him in the energy role now. We desperately need some youthful legs in the bottom 6.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Honestly, this is a rough schedule and the team looks gassed. I won't judge them too harshly for these past couple of games.

We have one more stretch like this at the end of the season where we play 6 games in 9 days. Thankfully, most of those games are at home. We should consider load management down the stretch.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Which team shows up for this game against triangle man?

Is it particle man? Universe or Person man??

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes for this. If I am go ahead and delete.

Just wanted to take a swing at it atleast once this season.

I'm not sure what the line combos are for tomorrow but I do know that if the Oilers traded away a 1st round pick and subsequently have no intention of playing Henrique in the top 6 for the rest of the season then I am going to be disappointed.

Time to do the humane thing with Brown. Send the poor bugger to the farm to save him the daily embarrassment that this season has been for him. Our team was slow before the TD, and is even slower after the trade, and could really use Hollywood’s speed and energy in the bottom 6. Let’s face it, playing him down on the farm for a while is great in theory, but even if he gets 20 points down there in the next 10 games, he’ll still play 8-10 minutes in our bottom six. It’s the Oiler way. So don’t give the kid false hope, just bring him up and put him in the energy role now. We desperately need some youthful legs in the bottom 6.
The team is on an arduous road trip but they did look slow today, didn't they?

Is it my imagination or has Kane really dropped a gear?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I’m not one of those guys that thinks they should win all 82 games, and I get that the schedule is a grind, but in general good teams find ways to win these games, and a lot of teams have gone thru patches like this and done well (we’ve done it ourselves), so I don’t know, I don’t want to get in the habit of making excuses. We’ve been extremely lucky with injuries this year, and other teams have kept pace with a slew of guys hurt. We need to take that next step where we take care of business against poor teams even when circumstances aren’t the best. Those are my expectations if a team expects to be considered a contender.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I’m not one of those guys that thinks they should win all 82 games, and I get that the schedule is a grind, but in general good teams find ways to win these games, and a lot of teams have gone thru patches like this and done well (we’ve done it ourselves), so I don’t know, I don’t want to get in the habit of making excuses. We’ve been extremely lucky with injuries this year, and other teams have kept pace with a slew of guys hurt. We need to take that next step where we take care of business against poor teams even when circumstances aren’t the best. Those are my expectations if a team expects to be considered a contender.

Frankly we aren't a contender. We are a middle of the pack playoff team, that can get hot at times and cold as well.

Reactions: Duke74 and McDrai

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm not sure what the line combos are for tomorrow but I do know that if the Oilers traded away a 1st round pick and subsequently have no intention of playing Henrique in the top 6 for the rest of the season then I am going to be disappointed.

The team is on an arduous road trip but they did look slow today, didn't they?

Is it my imagination or has Kane really dropped a gear?
Been a noticeable drop the last three weeks or so. Not only in his skating, but his play in his own zone has gone from average to not very good. Needs to pick it up a couple of notches. Or maybe he needs some time off to heal what is ailing him.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Frankly we aren't a contender. We are a middle of the pack playoff team, that can get hot at times and cold as well.
I think the team and a lot of fans want to think they are, and part of that next step is being more consistent. A lot of good teams are likely going to get knocked out in the first round (at least two of Dallas, Avs, Jets, Canucks and Vegas), so the opportunity is there for us.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

It's hard to argue results. I said this two days ago. Since we bottomed out at 2-9-1. we have the 2nd most points in the league and the best win percentage.

I'm not sure that really shows hot and cold. To me it's a team not playing incredibly well but also playing like 6 games in 9 days.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Daylight savings time sucks.

Let's hope the Oilers dont.

Oh, and there is something up with McDavid. He is 30-40 points behind the pace I would have expected him to be. His shooting is way way off this year. His puck handling is not God like, just great. He doesnt have that cheat code gear.

Maybe his deal with the devil expired and with it our playoff chances if he is not 110% going into the playoffs.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Since it usually takes the Oilers an hour to get into the game after it starts, maybe they’ll be ready to go tomorrow.
Depends if they stop to tour Gettysburg or Cooperstown on the way.

Oh, and there is something up with McDavid. He is 30-40 points behind the pace I would have expected him to be. His shooting is way way off this year. His puck handling is not God like, just great. He doesnt have that cheat code gear.

Maybe his deal with the devil expired and with it our playoff chances if he is not 110% going into the playoffs.
This is what's concerning. It's affected his speed, reflexes and shot whatever it is.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I love the day we change to DST. Not a morning person, so instantly having another hour of daylight in the evening is great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad