Pre-Game Talk: GM#6 Toronto @ Tampa - SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
All hope is already lost and I think the Leafs are blown out and shut out on Saturday night in Tampa. This is going to be a nasty one.
i don’t see that happening. It would cause so much damage that game 7 wouldn’t leave a scar with us

If we lose, it will be by 1-2 goals, therefore maximizing this pain and drawing some fans back for game 7 with hopes of them winning.

Speaking of game 7s, looks like Boston is headed to one

Mar 26, 2010
i don’t see that happening. It would cause so much damage that game 7 wouldn’t leave a scar with us

If we lose, it will be by 1-2 goals, therefore maximizing this pain and drawing some fans back for game 7 with hopes of them winning.

Speaking of game 7s, looks like Boston is headed to one
Boston is in trouble

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This board is honestly right about you guys. No wonder why I barely come here. Later
I would tell you to not let the door hit your ass on the way out but your issue is now obvious….

1682736264759.png

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Boston is in trouble
Are they really though? They're the favourite, they're significantly better, they're at home, and they've done this 100 times. They're looking around the room saying "we got this" and they all believe each other 100%.

Not saying they 100% will win, and this series sure hasn't gone the way they hoped, but the panic level has to be less than or equal to zero.

It really goes to show you the difference between these teams that I have more confidence in Boston winning just one game they have to win, than the Leafs winning one of two.

Reactions: mrJT and LeafSteel

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
And it's not just that they've lost these games. It's the way they've lost them. But, is there a way to lose a deciding game that isn't so heartbreaking or disgusting? Or do we just want to win so badly that any loss feels that way?

Because I look at 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 as examples of a piss poor effort. Didn't start on time, usually got behind early, spent the whole game getting turned away at the blueline, forced to dump it in and not getting it back, swirling around the offensive zone waiting for better looks that never come, etc. They were all boring-ass, depressing-ass games that I never want to see again in my life.

And I look at 2013 and 2018 as games where we led going into the 3rd (or well into the 3rd) and should have held the lead, but didn't, and that's painful.

I guess we've never had a game where we had the doors blown off of us at least. Oh, what's that? You're old enough to remember 2001 and 2003?

But, serious question: can we lose a deciding game in a way that makes us go, "wow. good game. great effort. sucks how it ended. But f***, that was fun."

Or is it going to be a dagger to the heart no matter what?

Love you but you should have just let us trade you in '08. would have helped a lot.
Caps series was the only one I felt good about. Never in a million years could I see them losing the next 5 after watching 34 in game 6.

Reactions: Dave92

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Caps series was the only one I felt good about. Never in a million years could I see them losing the next 5 after watching 34 in game 6.
and specifically looking at the five winner-take-all games, it's not even the 16 goals against (excluding empty netters) that bothers me that much, it's the 7 goals for. And 4 of them were in one of those games. Usually there wasn't enough of a push where they could get to a point where blaming the goalie was a legitimate excuse.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tampa could look at what‘s happening and think the doors are opening for them to win their third Cup in four years.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Are they really though? They're the favourite, they're significantly better, they're at home, and they've done this 100 times. They're looking around the room saying "we got this" and they all believe each other 100%.

Not saying they 100% will win, and this series sure hasn't gone the way they hoped, but the panic level has to be less than or equal to zero.
You don't know what goes on in any dressing room. For all you know Boston's confidence has taken a big hit, we know for sure that they've shown vulnerability in this series that they haven't shown all reason. And for all you know our players aren't as mentally fragile as this fan base and they are just focused on getting ready for the next game and believe in each other 100%.

It really goes to show you the difference between these teams that I have more confidence in Boston winning just one game they have to win, than the Leafs winning one of two.
Or perhaps it shows that your emotions are getting in the way of rational thought. If you think the Leafs chances are that poor, feel free to put your money where your mouth is. Here's a screenshot from one betting site, if you bet 1000 dollars and TB to win the series and you win, you'll get back 4 250 for a profit of 3 250.

series.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad