Post-Game Talk: GM 5: Canucks def. Wings - 5-1 (Millerx2, Edler, Pettersson, Stecher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Do tell... then we can all play along Mythbusters style!

if the forward pairings would be better with;
Miller- pettersson
Boeser- horvat

I think putting a puck retriever (miller;horvat) with a more finesse player will work better than two finesse and two puck retrievers.

You can then rotate the third winter as needed or who’s going/finds temporary chemistry with one of the pairings.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Miller- pettersson
Boeser- horvat

I think putting a puck retriever (miller;horvat) with a more finesse player will work better than two finesse and two puck retrievers.

You can then rotate the third winter as needed or who’s going/finds temporary chemistry with one of the pairings.

Narrative at the moment is Brock and Petey aren't doing as well together, and they certainly have been quiet. Miller has looked great with whoever he's been paired with, Brock and Bo have shown good chemistry in the past and its honestly not like Petey NEEDS Brock to play well.

Honestly the recent lack of production could be something they just play their way out of, but at this part of the season you might as well experiment. See what we have early on with the lineup before the season is too far in.

Maybe something like
Miller - Petey - Ferland(?)
Pearson - Bo - Brock

Or even
Miller - Petey - Goldobin
Baertschi - Bo - Brock
If we bring back some of our waived guys soon

Reactions: Elite Grinder

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Only 4 games in, but Canucks PK has been good...12-for-13....92.3%.

Leads me to think of Pearson... here's a guy i wasn't a fan of coming in.. Did not like his mobility/footspeed.. but I never knew how smart this guy is. Always in the right place.Has done a solid job in all zones - early but promising start to the season. Surprisingly good on the PK as well...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I’m super sick so today is gonna be the first full game I watch. Time to confirm a few suspicions I have
Drink lots of red wine, have cold showers and eat loads of really dry bread. Youll get better xtra fast that way ;)

Reactions: Dr Good Vibes

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd think a Pettersson-Horvat-whoever(Gaudette or Virtanen) line and a Pearson-Miller-Boeser line could get Brock firing, and while the PMB line is giving defense fits, Petey and Horvat have some pressure off.

Especially with Detroit's kind of blue line.

Elite Grinder

Dec 6, 2011
Purgatory
Miller- pettersson
Boeser- horvat

This is exactly my line of thinking. I’m guessing that we’re not too far away from this being tried.

Elite Grinder

Dec 6, 2011
Purgatory
Only 4 games in so I’m not overly worried.

They’ve probably got to take into account that their prized winger could be choked if he’s taken off of Petey’s wing too quickly.

I expect that if the lines role out in the usual format with the same results in tonight’s game, we’ll see changes next game.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Drance said “papering” is only really applicable at the deadline and that the league polices this pretty closely during the season. I could see the team loaning Eriksson to an AHL team, but I don’t think that would work for tonight’s game - if they place him on waivers today, he’s still part of the active roster until he clears and can be assigned.

Unless...they send him down on a conditioning assignment?

Even if he could be sent down on conditioning assignment, players on assignment other then LTIR still take up a roster spot and count fully against the cap.

It’s effectively like the player is still on the active roster.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
All this talk of shuffling the top lines is strange considering they produced a goal in a tight one last game. Obviously they’re not clicking as well as they need to be down the line, but why wouldn’t we let them work through it?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In Sutter, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel and Shaller, the Canucks have more than $19 million tied up under the salary cap. That surely has to be the ugliest, overpaid bottom-six in the entire league.

I mean when your salary cap is so totally skewed towards unproductive forwards, I just don't see how you can ever become a legitimate contender.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
In Sutter, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel and Shaller, the Canucks have more than $19 million tied up under the salary cap. That surely has to be the ugliest, overpaid bottom-six in the entire league.

I mean when your salary cap is so totally skewed towards unproductive forwards, I just don't see how you can ever become a legitimate contender.
Eriksson isn't actually even in our bottom 6. Ha!

And if you're going to include Eriksson, don't stop there! We've got Baertschi in the AHL, plus whatever we're paying for Spooner and Luongo. It's really quite sad.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I wonder what Green wasn't telling us in that answer. Maybe Baertschi is coming back and they're sending down Eriksson?!

Nah, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad