GDT: GM#43 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 1/5/19

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oilers on their way to yet another top 10 pick while wasting a prime year of McDavid is pretty impressive

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
interesting, the rulebook language this year changed in a way i didn't expect re: the offsides challenge

don't need the timeout for offsides, you only need it for goalie interference specifically

i knew they added the penalty for a failed offsides challenge but didn't realize they removed the timeout requirement at the same time

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
interesting, the rulebook language this year changed in a way i didn't expect re: the offsides challenge

don't need the timeout for offsides, you only need it for goalie interference specifically

i knew they added the penalty for a failed offsides challenge but didn't realize they removed the timeout requirement at the same time
Thanks I was thinking that may be the case but I couldn’t find it.

Reactions: tny760

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Still a dick move by Hitch anyways. I guess it was a moral victory for them.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
california reffing!!!!
giphy.gif

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Ehh it's a way to lose the players if you're already on the way there. You want to have your players back. I'm sure Talbot cares about his already bad numbers.

I tend to agree. Young team. With that he kind of said we don't quit. That's important for team culture.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Sorry to play devils advocate, but was that The Kings actually playing good or the Oilers looking like absolute shit?

(For starters, Koskinen had some horrific reads on those 3 goals in the 1st. On Carter's wrister he didn't even come out of the net while leaving half the net exposed for Carter.)

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Oilers are bad - something is going to happen soon. Lucic has 1 goal.

-Hall for Larsson
-16th and 33rd picks for Reinhardt (Isles selected Barzal with the 16th pick and packaged the 33rd with another pick to trade up to the 28th pick to select Beauvillier.
-Eberle for Strome (when then was traded for Spooner)
-Lucic for 7 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad