Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

large.png
@
large.png

(41 GP 21-17-3 | 5th Pacificic)______(39 GP 23-13-3 | 2nd Pacific)

WHEN: Saturday, January 10th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: TSN 1040

** If you only come to the site to post negative messages, you are trolling, even if you are a Canucks fan.
Please find more varied and constructive ways to contribute to the discussion. **

Vancouver Canucks
Speculated & Unconfirmed Lineup

QTCa383.jpg

DxF9AiC.gif
wv7Jhr5.gif

Fqu64GX.gif
kQErxHq.gif
l07c5ux.gif

wxIwOzm.gif
d0GssZd.gif
8lZKgDw.gif

JvLC25t.gif
d3KG8Ou.gif
dQjjSZh.gif

IkZ9XKf.jpg

bSRhjKL.gif
oH15yxi.gif

CPVBwM8.gif
xu62uhP.gif

xLpPXqP.gif
CU53h7a.gif

vOgevml.jpg

fPejkxm.gif
CH1suZw.gif

Pi7AmDN.jpg

Tbs3Rxd.gif
aARV593.gif

Calgary Flames

To Be Posted.

Notes:

- Dan Hamhuis is taking part in full practices as of January 9th.
- Chris Higgins (flu) is questionable.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Streams:

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-3.html
http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
These are always fun to watch. I expect the guys to bounce back, especially after the comments by WD about the team not being where they needed to be the day before.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
not when NHL regular Yannick Weber is healthy and ready to go. maybe next month.
... I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the reality of this. Please play Corrado. He's played will in the A and deserves a shot over someone like struggling Weber

Any idea on the line ups?
I'd like to see Kassian with Bonino and maybe even Vey. Defensively this line may not be so hot but put them with Edler and Tanev and let their skill shine in the offensive zone.

On a side note, if Vey can add some real good mass in the offseason, I can see him really breaking out next season. He's been improving his NHL game as the season progresses and that's great to see.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
It is not like I only make negative posts, I have come and made "positive" posts when the team played well during its winning streak. But the last month, it has mostly been poor effort from the team (this is not just me saying this, the players and coach admits this during interviews).

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sbisa is so good that I think we need a break from his awesomeness for a game or two. Swap him for Frankie and let the good times roll.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It is not like I only make negative posts, I have come and made "positive" posts when the team played well during its winning streak. But the last month, it has mostly been poor effort from the team (this is not just me saying this, the players and coach admits this during interviews).

Amen. For some of us just making the playoffs isn't enough. We've been there, done that, we want a contender and are willing to go through the growing pains to get one. A lot of the issues we predicted in the offseason are coming to fruition as well (Santorelli being awesome, Sbisa being less than awesome, us missing Garrison, etc.)

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm not endorsing what the crowd did at the last game. I simply think the crowd plays a lesser part in the grand scheme of things. Crowds don't win you games, being a good hockey team does. And if the players really need to feed off the crowd energy to succeed, send them away from here. The ticketholders at the game have always acted like they have last night. It's not a new development. Canucks fans as a majority are fickle ****ers.

That in no way does not excuse how careless those final 10 minutes of the game were last night. That kind of performance deserved to get boo'd. Teams that want to be good do not play like that. Teams that react to their situation, down 3-1 with 10 to go and show like they did last night is precisely what separates the Sharks and Blues of the hockey world from the Kings and Blackhawks. Sure, they might not win every time but they don't pack it in. That isn't a winning mentality. It is pretty damn concerning even if it was one game. Considering what happened last year, there is good reason to be concerned.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not endorsing what the crowd did at the last game. I simply think the crowd plays a lesser part in the grand scheme of things. Crowds don't win you games, being a good hockey team does. And if the players really need to feed off the crowd energy to succeed, send them away from here. The ticketholders at the game have always acted like they have last night. It's not a new development. Canucks fans as a majority are fickle ****ers.

That in no way does not excuse how careless those final 10 minutes of the game were last night. That kind of performance deserved to get boo'd. Teams that want to be good do not play like that. Teams that react to their situation, down 3-1 with 10 to go and show like they did last night is precisely what separates the Sharks and Blues of the hockey world from the Kings and Blackhawks. Sure, they might not win every time but they don't pack it in. That isn't a winning mentality. It is pretty damn concerning even if it was one game. Considering what happened last year, there is good reason to be concerned.

Good post. Thiugh for me I feel more comfortable knowing it's a new regime that I feel won't sit on their hands.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

I would imagine that you wouldn't have an issue with the team being in "cruise control" with their 5-1-1 run... or did you they just gear down last night and that's where you see em setting their cruise control?

Claiming they will likely lose because they are in cruise control after a loss following a 5-1-1 run is hardly a well thought out criticism. Seems like a clear cut troll post actually.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Ramblings

Last night's game was extremely frustrating.... constantly chasing the puck... placing it places difficult to retrieve by the D... fumbling passes... flat out missing passes.
They were off. <-- Understatement. Hopefully they got some sleep and some vitamin C. It's actually a good sign that Willie saw this coming based on how lethargic they were the practice before... Would of been frustrating if he didn't. NExt time let me know please so i don't to commit the time to watch.

Calgary on a Saturday seems like a good tonic... altho the Canucks, like myself, have been taking weekends off this season.

'Hitting the wall like last yr' theory is a bogus one and does not apply... circumstance and health are completely non-comparable.

The beauty of the this team so far is that different aspects of the team has stepped up at different times as other areas dropped... and big reason for that has been the coaching staff rolling the lines and consistently feeding players their ice to figure it out...

The Twins, the PP, the PK, Bonino, the 4th line, the 3rd line, goaltending, this D pair, that D pair.... For varying durations they've all been up, they've all been down, but rarely at the same time... Someone has managed to step up and come thru to help bank the points...
That's the big picture Pro of the this team and why they are where they are...

The consistency of each individual component has driven me crazy...
The 2nd line went from one of the highest scoring in the league for the first month to non-existent, and then showing signs of a pulse the last few games...
Kassian is skating and moving the best we've seen him... I think the 3rd line will soon be back to being 'our best line after the top line'.
Burrows over the last 10 games has shown his significant value to this team..
Tanev has been a black hole in the o- zone... I depress myself and curtail all expectation when the puck comes to him in that half of the rink. I have relabeled him a defensive defenseman in my mind so i can just release and don't allow the frustration to build.. Love him in our zone tho..
The good news there - Hamhuis is close!

Like i mentioned on the last page of the PGT... Horvat. Hopefully his 3rd period play carries over and sparks a little confidence in him to JUST try things with the puck... If he brings that spark of offensive aggressiveness to his line, combined with the 3rd line we'll be sitting with one of the best bottom 6's in the league...

Edit: just reread my post and i apologize for being all over the place... haha

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
TSN 1040 was just saying that it looks like Corrado is going to draw in for Stanton either next game or the game after. How Sbisa keeps staying in this lineup is beyond me unless Benning is actually mandating that the guy gets used.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Sbisa probably was a Medicine Hat Tiger in another life.

It's the only thing that makes sense. Maybe he was just really noticeable to Willie when the Tigers played the Hurricanes in the 2007-08 season.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
TSN 1040 was just saying that it looks like Corrado is going to draw in for Stanton either next game or the game after. How Sbisa keeps staying in this lineup is beyond me unless Benning is actually mandating that the guy gets used.

How is that going to work...4 RH shots in the same lineup? :huh:

I can understand not scratching Sbisa, but Stanton doesn't make sense as the guy to come out either. Weber is the natural guy to sit. Not only is he the least important piece, but he's a RHS where Frankie would slide right in nicely.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
How is that going to work...4 RH shots in the same lineup? :huh:

I can understand not scratching Sbisa, but Stanton doesn't make sense as the guy to come out either. Weber is the natural guy to sit. Not only is he the least important piece, but he's a RHS where Frankie would slide right in nicely.

That's certainly different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad