Pre-Game Talk: GM 4: Vancouver Canucks vs. New Jersey Devils - Oct 8 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Canucks will know his habits well. I don't expect them to bother with many shots down low. They will probably try to lift the puck and take it short-side on him.

Flip side is that Schneider knows the Canucks shooters well.

So Santorelli will just have to get a hat trick.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Going to the game; gonna be saweet.

Unless the Canucks lose.

Then I might have to get into a fight with a 14 year old girl...

Tanevian*

Especially since AV is coaching the Rangers. :)

467bf409_thats_the_joke.jpeg

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
One of the coolest things I've seen in relation to players who were friends being traded is Adam Oates and Brett Hull. Oates spent a few years setting up Hull with sweet passes in St. Louis and then eventually got traded from the Blues.

When they played each other for the first time, Oates and his team had to skate off the ice at the corner of the rink where the Blues were having their pre-game warmups. As Oates was skating off, he sauced a pass to Hull in the slot and he one-timed it top corner, just like old times.

Not a word was said to each other, just a knowing glance that said...damn, it was fun when we played together.

:yo:

4th line energy guy

Jul 8, 2010
One of the coolest things I've seen in relation to players who were friends being traded is Adam Oates and Brett Hull. Oates spent a few years setting up Hull with sweet passes in St. Louis and then eventually got traded from the Blues.

When they played each other for the first time, Oates and his team had to skate off the ice at the corner of the rink where the Blues were having their pre-game warmups. As Oates was skating off, he sauced a pass to Hull in the slot and he one-timed it top corner, just like old times.

Not a word was said to each other, just a knowing glance that said...damn, it was fun when we played together.

hull+and+oates.jpg

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Going to the game; gonna be saweet.

Unless the Canucks lose.

Then I might have to get into a fight with a 14 year old girl...

...and scare the **** outta little Miss H., where the only "stripes" on her garments wont be made out of candy. ;)

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

But was his foot in the crease?

If so, no goal.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Flip side is that Schneider knows the Canucks shooters well.

So Santorelli will just have to get a hat trick.

His scouting report won't be anything more than their pro scouts could tell them. Canucks shooters have had plenty of practice shooting on him, they don't need pro scouts to tell them where to shoot. But yeah, he's also had plenty of time to pick up their tendencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad