GDT: Gm#32 BUF at VGK 10:00 PM EST MSG-B & WGR-550 Hmm Huh Really?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Good matchup tonight against the current top team in the Western conference in both points and points %.

Curiously, Vegas is only 8-8-0 at home this season, but an insane 14-2-1 on the road. Vegas last played Saturday, losing 5-2 to the Isles. Tonight's game is the second of a 4-game pre-Christmas homestand for them.

Let's keep it rolling, Sabres!!

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
They're 2-0 on this road trip, so no matter what happens tonight the trip has been a success. Get it to OT, get a loser point and I'll be thrilled. I'm not expecting much considering the state of the D and the opponent.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Win this game, get OP healthy for Friday. It will be an absolute blast at The Key if they roll into Friday on a 4 game win streak the night before Christmas Eve. The Bills the next day as well.

Tage MVP chants are gonna get busted out if he scores. Can’t wait to be home.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Another big game for us (which happens when you lose 8 straight and want to stay relevant by the new year).

They need to continue stack wins to make up for those early season woes!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Vegas has struggled at home lately. Jack's been out, Whitecloud is hurt, Pietrangelo practiced with the team for the first time yesterday after his daughter's illness, and Mark Stone had to be helped off the ice in distress in their last game (and he returned). Paul Cotter is day-to-day after being broken into his component atoms in Chicago the other night - he scored in their last meeting with Buffalo.

What does that mean?

Not much, honestly.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Vegas has struggled at home lately. Jack's been out, Whitecloud is hurt, Pietrangelo practiced with the team for the first time yesterday after his daughter's illness, and Mark Stone had to be helped off the ice in distress in their last game (and he returned). Paul Cotter is day-to-day after being broken into his component atoms in Chicago the other night - he scored in their last meeting with Buffalo.

What does that mean?

Not much, honestly.
Pietrangelo played last game which is great as it means his daughter has recovered. Hockey takes a back seat to family members in distress

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Pietrangelo played last game which is great as it means his daughter has recovered. Hockey takes a back seat to family members in distress

It seemed like an extremely scary situation. Happy to see she’s recovering but I’ll keep checking in on the news on that. I’m impressed he’s even back. I don’t think I could go back to work under similar circumstances

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
It seemed like an extremely scary situation. Happy to see she’s recovering but I’ll keep checking in on the news on that. I’m impressed he’s even back. I don’t think I could go back to work under similar circumstances
Well going back means a return to normal, which in his case is playing games. Now going on an extended road trip is different than playing a home game

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This is a winnable game with Vegas injuries, including Mr. Eichel and possibly Theodore.

Just keep rolling.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Knights got Pietrangelo back but remain short-handed.

Coach Bruce Cassidy said center Jack Eichel (lower body) and left wing Paul Cotter (upper body) are day to day. Defenseman Shea Theodore (lower body) is week to week, and defenseman Zach Whitecloud (undisclosed) is month to month. Center Brett Howden (lower body) remains on long-term injured reserve.

Cassidy said none of the Knights’ injuries is expected to be season-ending.

Maybe they have Jack in the lineup tonight?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
At 31 games (last year vs this year):

2021: 10-15-5 = 25 points
2022: 15-14-2 = 32 points

Starting to really dfifferentiate themselves from last year's team. On Pace for 84.6 points, which is right where they need to be be.

Kindly sad that watching Comrie and Lehner go at center ice will never happen in this timeline.
The only thing Comrie will fight is bad vibes. Doesn't strike me as a pugilist in the slightest.

Reactions: Chainshot

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Well going back means a return to normal, which in his case is playing games. Now going on an extended road trip is different than playing a home game
Doing what is needed (staying home) and you are letting the lads down - the team needs you.
Taking one for the team (playing hockey) and you are letting your family down - they really need you.
Constant anxiety from trying to good guy through the whole mess.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
At 31 games (last year vs this year):

2021: 10-15-5 = 25 points
2022: 15-14-2 = 32 points

Starting to really dfifferentiate themselves from last year's team. On Pace for 84.6 points, which is right where they need to be be.

The only thing Comrie will fight is bad vibes. Doesn't strike me as a pugilist in the slightest.
I think the majority voted in the 85-89 range of points to end the season. Achieving that would be pretty sweet. And yeah, Comrie isn't that at all. Too smart to square up against a guy who has dreams of distant Valhǫll calling him home. You don't want to go that guy.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad