Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
:nucks @ :ducks
Honda Centre - Anaheim, California
Monday October 12, 2015
7:00PM | TV: SNV, Radio: TSN 1040

Thanksgiving matchup with Kesler, Bieksa and the Anaheim Ducks. It'll be the first time the Canucks face Bieksa after trading him to Anaheim in the summer. Should be fun to watch!

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Bieksa and Burrows scrap. Book it! (At least a face wash)

It'll be fun watching casual Kev play for the Ducks. I liked Bieksa but hated his casual mode.

The Jesus*

Kes is a loser. Screw him.

But Juice? He was such a huge part of our team for so many years. Loved the city. Huge in the community. Loved by everyone on the team and in management. Always played with a ton of heart and passion. Guy was a leader. I wanted him to retire a Canuck.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No offense to anyone but I'm really having a hard time understanding all these intense hostility towards Kesler. With all that has happened, is it that difficult to just leave it be?

What kind of impression are we projecting when we go on and on and on bashing players who were part of the team?

Anyways, I digress...

I do not see an optimal chance for us to win against the Ducks tomorrow, if we lose, as long as the effort is there I'm happy. And I'm praying that Sbisa delivers less than 2 pizzas, PRAYING for it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Any different from players like Santo - who had the opposite impact?

I actually do not know much of the Santorelli situation.

My point is, I think it is best for us not to speak ill of a player who's no longer part of the team. It brings a better vibe when we discuss former players that brought us good part of the game rather than the bad.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bieksa was great for us last year. it's a shame we couldn't re-sign him for another 2 years @ 4 mil.

Kidding right lmao

Benning's best move was getting rid of him especially at that contract

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
No offense to anyone but I'm really having a hard time understanding all these intense hostility towards Kesler. With all that has happened, is it that difficult to just leave it be?

Some are salty cause Kes only wanted to go to 2 teams. Damn him for using his NTC like a NTC!

Kes did us a favour leaving when he did and always remember his time as a Canuck fondly. Hope he wins a Cup someday.

Kidding right lmao

QFT.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Kidding right lmao

I have no problem with the move but that's a contract you mention is an extension. Now if he could get rid of Sbisa soon that would be a feat, Bieksa on the other hand only had a year left on his contract. It's not exactly hard moving a vet about to hit UFA for a pick.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't question the difficulty in moving Bieksa. There was always a deal to be made with him as long as he found a contract so he could be settled. But it was a good move because it got a guy who negatively effects our on ice performance off our roster.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Kes' body is breaking down and he's going to regress each year. God love Bieksa's commitment but he was becoming a liability. Imagine if he decided to leave in 2013 how much more we could have got.

Or if they target youth over young veterans like Bonino and Sbisa, then just went to UFA market and got equivalents of those two ($4.5m in cap).

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Some are salty cause Kes only wanted to go to 2 teams. Damn him for using his NTC like a NTC!

Kes did us a favour leaving when he did and always remember his time as a Canuck fondly. Hope he wins a Cup someday.

QFT.

Also he did not come across as a nice person... And the whole never asked for a trade kids school paid for thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad