GDT: Gm 28: Boston Bruins @ Montréal Canadiens | 12/5/13 | 730P ET | NESN, RDS |98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

R9jUfBO.png

FVMxTXf.jpg

gdG3i0w.jpg

OLbKC2v.png

D4NG7nJ.jpg

LBZEZJ2.jpg

lineups subject to change

RLG4A0m.png

yG9orsY.jpg

uRGE3Ee.jpg

Seidenmoose knows where Jimmy Hoffa rests.

:bruins

Today's film neo-noire GDT is brought to you by....

...and if you listen closely, you'll dechiper the name of the real enemy that walks among us.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: As I channeled smoove for this GDT for a huge Rivalry/Divisional game, can you lot do me a favor please and not barf all over it? Big game means we need to bring our Varsity effort Thursday night. Leave the banal, uninspired and head-shaking drivel at Columbus' doorstep. It's Montreal, people; time to go big or go home. If you take offense, cry moar in your own GDT creation and sign up here in the GDT signup thread, otherwise bring it up with Rollo Tomasi. He'll remind you that the line between good guys and bad guys is more blurred than meets the eye and always happens right where you least expect it.

Disclaimer 2: If you haven't seen "LA Confidential" then you're missing out on one of the best movies made in the last 30 years and the best detective movie EVER. So go watch it if you haven't (yes, I'm looking at you). If you have seen it, watch it again. "Titanic" straight stole those Oscars from this film.

Off the record, on the QT, and very hush hush,

zrRfvg4.jpg

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Great GDT! Subban's and Krejci's points and assists are reversed, but that's not too important (and might even be intentional?)

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
In the words of Peter Griffin (in relation to Son of Marshmont):

Fantastic job, once again. Absolute gold, Jerry, gold!

Let's go B's! Shove it down their Montreal THROATS!! :yo::yo:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I used to think there was no way players would check out HF Boards...but with GDT like this, you'd think they would have to be curious. Too funny!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Fantastic! I am in awe of your talent!

It seems like forever since the Bruins played. It should be a great game!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Awesome GDT

La confidential is purty good. Titanic was pretty phenomenal too, it made me sad even as a whatever year old I was at the time (i wanna say 98 right? So i was 8) but you can see why the academy favored Titanic. They never really go for gritty or movies with little romantic feel to them. For example, 94, forrest gump is great, but think about some of its competition; Shawshank redemption, and pulp fiction. Two heavy weights.

And to get back on topic :D, we have a heavyweight bought to watch tomorrow night.

Go B's!

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
The Bruins need to abuse Gallagher. he will constantly be in front of Rask. Bumping Rask, falling on Rask.

This is the first of 4 games....maybe 11 games this year. Bruins need to send a message early. Nobody is to bump Rask.

The Habs will dress as physical a line up they have had in the past 10+ years. Parros,Prust,Moen,White,Murray.... And with guys like Subban and Emelin looking to hurt players in the neutral zone.
I don't want to see a passive Boston team. I want the Bruins to come out swinging, challenge the Habs, turn this into a war. The Habs may pass the test tomorrow....but will they want to pass another one next time.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Awesome GDT

La confidential is purty good. Titanic was pretty phenomenal too, it made me sad even as a whatever year old I was at the time (i wanna say 98 right? So i was 8) but you can see why the academy favored Titanic. They never really go for gritty or movies with little romantic feel to them. For example, 94, forrest gump is great, but think about some of its competition; Shawshank redemption, and pulp fiction. Two heavy weights.

And to get back on topic :D, we have a heavyweight bought to watch tomorrow night.

Go B's!

Truth be told, "Titanic" is an excellent film, obviously a technical masterpiece which also captured it's time period as well as "LA Confidential" did for 1950's Hollywood. You're right, the Academy will take the movie that tugs in the heart strings almost every time, which is fine, I suppose. I just prefer the suspense/mystery genre. Plus, what made LA Confidential so good for me is that you really don't much like the three main characters starting out...all three have something about them that you don't like, or is even sinister....but watching them find themselves while also finding their redemption through the movie (while not spoiling anything) at a time where you don't really know who the good guys/bad guys were. The character development was sensational...and at that time, we really didn't know Guy Pearce or Russell Crowe.

I just kinda likened it to the relationship those dark, dirty Bruins have with those angelic, pristine Habs....and some of the other relationships that exist in our li'l community here. :D

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Superstitious. Never post in the GDT until the end of the 1st period unless something outrageous happens.

Somehow got it in my head this game was tonight.

What a let down.

Crushing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Superstitious. Never post in the GDT until the end of the 1st period unless something outrageous happens.

Somehow got it in my head this game was tonight.

What a let down.

Crushing.

You probably just jinxed the whole game now. Thanks. :shakehead:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes