Pre-Game Talk: GM 22: Vancouver Canucks vs. New Jersey Devils - Nov 25 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
vs.
large.png

(21GP 14-6-1 | 2nd Pacific) (21GP 9-9-3 | 5th Metropolitan)

WHEN: Tuesday, November 25th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, B.C.
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks (unconfirmed)
8467875.jpg
-
8467876.jpg
-
8468085.jpg

8470274.jpg
-
8474009.jpg
-
8475223.jpg

8473574.jpg
-
8470755.jpg
-
8475178.jpg

8473432.jpg
-
8477500.jpg
-
Vtp71SX.gif

8471303.jpg
-
8475690.jpg

8474579.jpg
-
8469598.jpg

8475598.jpg
-
8474134.jpg

8468011.jpg

8475663.jpg

New Jersey Devils:

To Be Posted.

Devil Killers:
Henrik Sedin - 13GP, 2G, 10A, 12Pts
Nick Bonino - 3GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts
Radim Vrbata - 16GP, 4G, 9A, 13Pts

Notes:
- F Alex Burrows remains questionable (undisclosed)

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

Last edited by a moderator:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Bo will play net and score a hat trick AND win 105% of his face offs (he'll win other players' face offs) just to stick it to Ginger Bricks.

I will always miss Schnu, even if Bo's awesome levels are reaching unheard of heights.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gotta beat Scnieder come on boys esp Bo! 3-2 Nucks goals by Daniel Weber Bo

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I love Cory Schneider, will always be a big supporter of his, and wish him nothing but the best in New Jersey, but I want to believe that the Canucks sold high on him.

I don't know if he's a top-10 goalie in this league, as per the narrative which is constantly thrown around - 'Gillis threw away two top-10 goalies!!!!' which is revisionist ********.

There's a pecking order of seven goalies at the top:

• Lundqvist
  • Price
  • Quick
  • Rinne
  • Rask
  • Bobo
  • Bishop

(not in any particular order)

After that it becomes much harder to rank them.

--------------

A frequently-espoused narrative was that Vancouver made a mistake in trading Cody Hodgson and now we're laughing at that deal. Maybe in hindsight we'll laugh at this one too. We won't laugh, because we still love Cory.

Last edited:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I have the utmost respect for both Luongo and Schneider and I wish them the best.

Buuuuut we still need the two points and unfortunately Schneider is between us and the win, so lets win!

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I love Cory Schneider, will always be a big supporter of his, and wish him nothing but the best in New Jersey, but I want to believe that the Canucks sold high on him.

I don't know if he's a top-10 goalie in this league, as per the narrative which is constantly thrown around - 'Gillis threw away two top-10 goalies!!!!'

There's a pecking order of seven goalies at the top:

• Lundqvist
  • Price
  • Quick
  • Rinne
  • Rask
  • Bobo
  • Bishop

(not in any particular order)

After that it becomes much harder to rank them.

--------------

A frequently-espoused narrative was that Vancouver made a mistake in trading Cody Hodgson and now we're laughing at that deal. Maybe in hindsight we'll laugh at this one too. We won't laugh, because we still love Cory.

We all knew how solid of a goalie Schneider was but typically goalies in his position dont get much of a return, although I do think he could have at least got a 3rd rounder as well

Devan Dubnyk to Nashville for Matt Hendricks
Cory Schneider for the ninth overall pick (Bo Horvat)
Jonathan Bernier for Ben Scrivens, Matt Frattin, second-rounder
Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher, fourth-rounder
Steve Mason for Michael Leighton, third-rounder
Sergei Bobrovsky for second-rounder, two fourth-rounders
Anders Lindback (and Kyle Wilson) for two second-rounders, one third-rounder and Sebastien Caron
Tomas Vokoun for a seventh-rounder
Semyon Varlamov for first-rounder (Filip Forsberg) and second-rounder
Brian Elliott for Craig Anderson
Dwayne Roloson for Ty Wishart
Jaroslav Halak for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz
Kari Lehtonen for Ivan Vishnevskiy and fourth-rounde

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I miss Schneider....such a class act and a leader in the dressing-room...never bails on his team.....but looking like Horvat is more than just compensation...one of those rare hockey deals that might work out well for both teams......'Nucks would never have been in a position to draft 9th overall in 2013 without a big trade..and we're OK in goal over the short-term and long-term:handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
We all knew how solid of a goalie Schneider was but typically goalies in his position dont get much of a return, although I do think he could have at least got a 3rd rounder as well

Devan Dubnyk to Nashville for Matt Hendricks
Cory Schneider for the ninth overall pick (Bo Horvat)
Jonathan Bernier for Ben Scrivens, Matt Frattin, second-rounder
Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher, fourth-rounder
Steve Mason for Michael Leighton, third-rounder
Sergei Bobrovsky for second-rounder, two fourth-rounders
Anders Lindback (and Kyle Wilson) for two second-rounders, one third-rounder and Sebastien Caron
Tomas Vokoun for a seventh-rounder
Semyon Varlamov for first-rounder (Filip Forsberg) and second-rounder
Brian Elliott for Craig Anderson
Dwayne Roloson for Ty Wishart
Jaroslav Halak for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz
Kari Lehtonen for Ivan Vishnevskiy and fourth-rounde

There are for sure some worse trades in that list than ours. The Vokoun one was good with no hindsight, taken that he didn't got his health issues.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Calder thread on the main board has sparked my interest to really watch Severson this game...

At 20 yrs old, he could be one of the next great young Dmen of this upcoming era..
Devils fan definitely think so..

He exploded offensively out the gate as we know with 7 pts in his first 8 games... but has just one 1 pt in his last 13...

Still getting heavy minutes.. 6 of his last 10 games has been over 23 minutes.
Will likely be assigned the Sedins tomorrow night. I haven't noticed Willie run from matchups as he continued to roll 4, so i expect him to allow the Devils to get their Severson-on-the-Sedins..

Class will be in session.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I remember it feeling like getting kicked in the stomach when Schneider said in a post trade interview that he thought he'd retire a Canuck. :(

In a very selfish way it helps a bit that he's not having a stellar season..... but I'm certainly not enjoying it like I'm enjoying Hodgson turning into buyout fodder. :naughty:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I remember it feeling like getting kicked in the stomach when Schneider said in a post trade interview that he thought he'd retire a Canuck. :(

In a very selfish way it helps a bit that he's not having a stellar season..... but I'm certainly not enjoying it like I'm enjoying Hodgson turning into buyout fodder. :naughty:

In a way, it's a bit relieving, but at the same time, I appreciate him so much that I could never wish anything bad upon him. Not the case with Hodgson.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
what are the chances he plays Schneider for game 9 as a 19 yr old

This is going to be awesome.

Also lol @ bernier having 18 goals since we traded him 5 years ago oh boy did that prospect burn out

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
what are the chances he plays Schneider for game 9 as a 19 yr old

This is going to be awesome.

Also lol @ bernier having 18 goals since we traded him 5 years ago oh boy did that prospect burn out

In 2012 I cheered for New Jersey and reminded the Devils fans that Steve was part of the Canucks' destruction of the Kings in 2010:

And then he cemented himself as the goat who secured the Cup for LA:

In the end I feel bad for him. He's a nice guy.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Demitra-Wellwood-Bernier was a solid 3rd line for us in 2010 and were part of the reason why we were able to field 3 scoring lines in that playoffs. Though it was only 12 games, we ended up having the highest goals per game of any team in the postseason that year (yes, even more than the Hawks). Hated it when we let Welly go.

In a way, it's a bit relieving, but at the same time, I appreciate him so much that I could never wish anything bad upon him. Not the case with Hodgson.

Same, I'll always cheer for the guy.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Wellwood to Manlhotra to Hodgson to Pahllson to Santorelli to Richardson to Horvat

took forevr for 3c holy cow

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Wellwood to Manlhotra to Hodgson to Pahllson to Santorelli to Richardson to Horvat

took forevr for 3c holy cow

Wellwood and Manny were good though. Santorelli never really was a 3C here as Torts used him in the top 6 more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad