Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars - Feb 21 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potatoe1

Oct 5, 2004
I realize that AV did some things that may have been counter-productive, but it makes one think of a talent deficiency as well.

Yeah I dont know.

We have played that Chicago team to a virtual draw over the past 2 years and neither sides has changed much.

I think they are a group at the top of their game right now and our team has a half dozen key players that are struggling.

The only Canucks line capable of sustained offense was the top line. Everyone other line got nothing. That may be due to the blender, but it may also point to a lack of high end talent in the forward ranks.

I'm not sure if it was the "Lack of sustained offence" that hurt us, to me it looked like turn overs and an inability to defend their transition game.

Every poor pass or bobbled puck was lazer beamed out of the Chicago zone and turned into an odd man rush the other way. It was nuts.

They can carry the offense when needed, and that's gold for them. The Canucks have that here with the twins, but beyond them, there's little push.

A healthy Booth and Kesler should help a lot, they were 2 of our best possession players last year.

That said the Chicago forward group is, and will likely always be, better then our group. We spend our cap on goalies and they spend it on forwards.

Even Schroeder disappeared in this game, after having some strong outings the last few times out. Pretty shocking.

He wasn't very good against the Blues either. Hopefully he can pick things up tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad