Pre-Game Talk: [GM 12] Canucks vs. Predators | Sat., Nov. 5th, 7pm, CBC/SN360 | Reserving for Ginger Papa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 5th, 7:00PM PST

WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet 360
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Hoglander-Horvat-Miller
Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Pearson-Dries-Garland/Boeser
Joshua/Podkolzin-Aman-Studnicka

Hughes-Schenn
Stillman-Myers
OEL-Bear

???

Predators Line-Up:

???-???-???
???-???-???
???-???-???
???-???-???

???-???
???-???
???-???

???

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Because he's terrible and slow at everything

We're already a slow team as it is
Sorry, but you sound ridiculous..We’re not talking about Justin Dowling here…It’s Brock Boeser..of course he’s going to get in the lineup when he’s ready to go.

Elias Pettersson was fairly useless for a good chunk of last season..should we have made him a healthy scratch?..

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Sorry, but you sound ridiculous..We’re not talking about Justin Dowling here…It’s Brock Boeser..of course he’s going to get in the lineup when he’s ready to go.

Elias Pettersson was fairly useless for a good chunk of last season..should we have made him a healthy scratch?..
Ep is good in areas other then shooting the puck both offensively and defensively and isnt slow as molasses

I would've let BB go to free agency over giving him the terrible deal we gave him. Absolutely useless and messes with the lines

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
You have to think this won't last long and the Canucks should quickly vault into a playoff position once the numbers average out. Considering how awful those numbers are, this is likely the low point of the season... and luckily most of those lost games were not against division rivals

On the other hand, the Nucks give up a lot of high-quality chances and their schedule hasn't been too difficult. I do think they will improve(can't get much worse) but a playoff spot will be very tough.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Ep is good in areas other then shooting the puck both offensively and defensively and isnt slow as molasses

I would've let BB go to free agency over giving him the terrible deal we gave him. Absolutely useless and messes with the lines
So you think we are contending for a cup these next 2 years? That is f***in adorable.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I can understand people’s current dissatisfaction with Boeser..But claiming he’s not even worthy of a roster spot on the team is asinine…

He's earned that.

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Of course Boeser is going to get in to the lineup once he's healthy, but he really doesn't belong on this team anymore. Slugs around like he's playing in a shinny game and can't seem to create much or score... so what is he doing?

Obviously we have to build him back up again to even think about trading him. But it's not a doubt in my mind this is the first guy we need to boot to keep Kuzmenko.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Show me where i said that bub

That is the only reason I can think of for hating the Boeser resining.

You think we could use the cap space to compete now.

Jeff Marek had a great bit on a podcast about the life cycle of a Canadian prospect.
1. He can do no wrong. If something fails its because he isn't being deployed or developed properly. (Rathbone & Höglander are here right now)
2. He becomes a "looser" even if he performs well , because you know, no Stanley cups! (Pettersson is entering this part of his cycle.)
3. Usually once they get out of their ELC the fans can only see the flaws in their game and they get chased out of town. (Brock is obviously here.)

100% true.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I hope we see the team build off the Anaheim game with a more consistent, 60-minute effort. Especially defensively.

Would also be nice to have a game where the goaltending doesn’t look suspect. Hopefully Demko rounds into form.

We were pretty atrocious defensively vs Anaheim but because they don't play any defensive system were able to score our way out of that trouble.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad