Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: January 13, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific, Sportsnet 1, TVSA2
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Vancouver-Canucks-happy-1.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson - Virtanen
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Juolevi

Holtby

The Canucks will be without JT Miller and Jordie Benn on this trip due to a rumoured potential COVID exposure.

Edmonton Oilers’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed):

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisatal - Yamamoto
Archibald - Turris - Puljujaarvi
Ennis - Khaira- Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Russell - Barrie

Koskinen

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

Last edited:

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If anybody thinks our bottom six looks rough please take a look at what the Oilers might be rocking. Even the players that can score did so in vastly more minutes than they're likely to see this season. For example, Turris, Ennis, and Chiasson all played between 13 and 15 minutes per game - with 2 minutes of that being on the PP - last season and I don't suspect that they'll see the same this season. I guess we'll have to see how their defensive games hold up to really judge though.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If anybody thinks our bottom six looks rough please take a look at what the Oilers might be rocking. Even the players that can score did so in vastly more minutes than they're likely to see this season. For example, Turris, Ennis, and Chiasson all played between 13 and 15 minutes per game - with 2 minutes of that being on the PP - last season and I don't suspect that they'll see the same this season. I guess we'll have to see how their defensive games hold up to really judge though.

Their bottom six personal is pretty rough, true, but I think with Dave Tippett running the bench they'll be just fine. He's good at getting a lot of mileage out of grinders that don't have a whole lot of skill to work with. Couple that with the ungodly ability of McDavid (and Draisatl), and they'll still be a tough opponent every night.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Their bottom six personal is pretty rough, true, but I think with Dave Tippett running the bench they'll be just fine. He's good at getting a lot of mileage out of grinders that don't have a whole lot of skill to work with. Couple that with the ungodly ability of McDavid (and Draisatl), and they'll still be a tough opponent every night.
If he can get the grinders to grind while McDrai ignore defense and try to carry the team it might work, but that D is suspect and that bottom-6 is putrid, especially at defense. I remain skeptical that they'll do any better than they did last season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
i would not be surprised if we were good this year. i would not be surprised if we were mediocre this year. i would not be surprised if we were bad this year.

Feels like a cop out answer, but I think it depends on our health. Our starting roster is really solid top to bottom (or almost bottom) IMO.

But some key injuries can change anything, especially with this condensed schedule.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Feels like a cop out answer, but I think it depends on our health. Our starting roster is really solid top to bottom (or almost bottom) IMO.

But some key injuries can change anything, especially with this condensed schedule.
That's what parity does to most of the teams in the league. The few exceptions are cup favorites for a reason.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
M2Bs five keys of success to the season:

1 will Roussell get back into 2018-19 forum
2 will Gaudette more goals then assists this season
3 ajustments on the fly
5 win those faceoffs in the d zone

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
That Edmonton roster is terrible. Every forward other than McDavid, Draisatl, and RNH is a marginal NHLer. Only Larsson can play any sort of Defense, and in front of Koskinen no less. How are the media picking then to be better than the Nucks?

Now that I've fully jinxed our team I'm expecting a Kassian hatty incoming

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So much is dependent on goaltending.

If we have average goaltending, we will take a step back.
If we have poor goaltending and Holtby performing like the last two years and Demko like a backup, we're screwed.

If Demko can carry over his playoff performance and come close to matching what Markstrom did the past couple years, we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad