Post-Game Talk: Gluten-Free Ovechkin

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Love to see that Fox was spammed against the Staal line who did nothing.

People get on Fox and say he can't go. I do think he's banged up. I don't think it's catastrophic.

If he's a bit quiet, it's because he has a job to do.

He's defending at an extremely high level. He's been scored on 3 times in 6 games while taking 1 penalty.

He’s not 100% but he still led all Ranger defenseman in ice time and had a great pinch and pass on the Laf goal. Also may have broke Jarvis collarbone with a hit.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
GND8PXgW0AICkg4.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He’s not 100% but he still led all Ranger defenseman in ice time and had a great pinch and pass on the Laf goal. Also may have broke Jarvis collarbone with a hit.

Canes fans were crying about an elbow to the face on this hit meanwhile Jarvis is holding his shoulder region lol.

Not a broken collarbone though, he wouldn't have come back if that were the case. His shoulder is 100% jacked up though.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

This guy is such a pro.

Big, emotional " they score!" and then he let's it cook. He let's the fans speak. And then when you're getting used to that noise he comes back in and hits you with the signature call. Then he lets the goal song cook. And then finally comes in with the analysis.

Saying so much by saying very little, and knowing exactly when to speak. An incredible call.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Episode 3 "The Wrap-Around" - Kaapo learns a difficult lesson from Coach Lavi. Someone from Kaapo's past reappears. Tensions rise when Kaapo and Filip both vie for Emily's affection. Alexis wants to buy a new juicemaker.
I see you've read an episode preview or two. Also made me legit lol

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Listen, they have proven one thing so far this year: The people that were screaming for another retool and rebuild have damaged their credibility big time. And that's putting it nicely.
To be fair, people were screaming retool the year we went to the SCF and the tried to justify the their rational with the fact that we lost in the finals.

Reactions: Greg02

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
maybe I'm dumb, I dunno, but there's a whole lotta stuff out there now about how the 'Canes were the better 5v5 team and they feel confident they got their game back there and everything but when it boils down to it, they got a bunch of low percentage shots on net and act like that's dominating 5v5 play.
If they're gonna be over confident that their 5v5 is so much better I can't help but wonder/hope that's going to bite them in the ass.

e: even their coach is just saying "we need to take away shesterkin's eyes so he can't see the puck" as the ky to their power play, which means they just want to screen him and blast pucks...same shit they always do. No creativity

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
maybe I'm dumb, I dunno, but there's a whole lotta stuff out there now about how the 'Canes were the better 5v5 team and they feel confident they got their game back there and everything but when it boils down to it, they got a bunch of low percentage shots on net and act like that's dominating 5v5 play.
If they're gonna be over confident that their 5v5 is so much better I can't help but wonder/hope that's going to bite them in the ass.

e: even their coach is just saying "we need to take away shesterkin's eyes so he can't see the puck" as the ky to their power play, which means they just want to screen him and blast pucks...same shit they always do. No creativity
they forecheck like crazy throw a lot on net, but they dont create high end chances all that often. the guentzel goal last night was a great chance created but how many others did they create? most of their goals in this series have been on deflections from point shots. they possess the puck in the ozone on the perimeter for half the game doing little, but tire out an opponent and everyone is like they dominate!!!!

Reactions: NikC

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Eh.

There is definitely something cool about the "This one will last a lifetime!" call by Sam and "The Rangers win the Cup!!" call by Gary Thorne. There is something cool about "Stepan! In Overtime!" by Doc.

McDonough calling this one will take away a little of the nostalgia and replayability for me.

Sorry to hear that.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Only the NHL goes out of its way to intentionally remove excitement from the sport. Rempe plays a style the league isn't interested in marketing, hence they've decided somehow this kid is bad for the game. I feel bad for the kid because you can see he's tried to adjust to the target on his back by not being as aggressive, but it's obvious they've actively decided to neuter him.

He can still be an effective player going forward if he works on his skating & get stronger on his skates. Right now he goes down easier than a bowling pin....but now is a good time to take him out of the lineup.

The Playoffs is not the place to learn.

Reactions: bobbop

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
trouba shudnt have raised his arms after necas bailed out of a hit so that he could have face planted on the boards. ill give the benefit of doubt to necas for simply losing his balance there but if hes ducking and sliding out of hits along the board then hes a scumbag. so f***ing dangerous for a player to submarine another player on a hit.

Scumbag?

If someone is trying to pound you into oblivion, you would be an absolute moron if you didn't try to avoid the contact.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Trouba was definitely trying to hit Necas with his elbow. It was up before Necas ducked.

Trouba is extremely dirty. It's ok to admit it. I just don't care anymore. It's liberating.

Dirtiest Ranger since Ulf Samuelsson.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Funny 32thoughts today.

To sum up, Trouba tried to kill a poor player who was falling down.

Rangers are divers.

Canes outplayed the Rangers both games.

Those dudes hate the Rangers so much it’s great.

Clowns. I had to turn it off.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Episode 4 "The Fresh Prince of Boxford, Massachusetts" - Concerned with their antics, Coach Lavi sends the boys to spend a summer with Uncle Chris. Things take an unexpected turn when Uncle Chris's very tall son challenges them to a game of Halo.
Episode 5 "It Only Hurts When I Rempe" - Things take a bizarre turn when the boys find out that Matt can only relieve himself while listening to REM. Tensions mount as pro and anti REM battle lines are drawn amongst the teammates. Machinehead saves the day by introducing Matt to his radical Rubik's Cube/Dream Theater therapy.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I find it interesting how much some fans are invested in the announcers. Whether love for Sam, hate for ESPN or anyone else. I have the game on with the volume up and couldn't tell you who's saying what. I don't care. I'm watching the game. The general noise of the crowd adds to it. I don't need announcers to tell me there's an I-Gor chant, I can hear it. But if they say it, so what. I don't care about national announcers "favoring" the other team. I doubt they really are. Don't take it personally. I thoroughly enjoyed watching last night's game. If anyone's enjoyment was lessened because of a certain announcer. Well, sorry for you.

Reactions: AirGut and Holocene

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Lol yup, took a couple off my TV and used them as a template
This is a great concept. Every game could be its own episode

Episode 6: “The Superman” - After watching the Captain “Superman” the kids train in learning super powers. Emily begins to feel insecure and violated now learning of Filip’s new “vision”. Alexis develops a nail biting habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad