Post-Game Talk: Gluten-Free Ovechkin

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Man I wish we could get this feed here in the States. ESPN has been a total clown show thus far. Between Sean & Ray misidentifying half the players & then the cut-out to the Dallas game, it's just a total amateur hour.
The stupid camera angles, the close-ups on dudes on the bench while the game is going on, Sean ranting about records nobody cares about rather than doing the play-by-play…..I could go on and on about ESPN and how they’re blowing it.

That said, I actually would take Weekes and Messier everytime over Missthenet, Anson Carter, and whoever else TNT has on.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
anyone got the radio calls?
8pcmzb.jpg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lucky enough to be there live tonight, just sitting there knowing you can do nothing but just wait for euphoria or bottom of the barrel dread is amazing.

Strome to Tro upgrade may go down as the move that put us over the top.

Great to see Laffy come up huge tonight.

What can you say for Igor, he’s seeing everything outside of ridiculous deflections.

The Jacob Trouba experience live is something, he somehow made the perfect pass to Mika to nearly win the game, just terrifying every time he is out there.

Chytil please on Thursday. Every game you are going to 11 forwards.
I envy you. What a great moment to be in the house. Awesome stuff.

I think it should be Chytil coming in for game 3 but I have a feeling Laviolette isn't gonna make the move.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
So did we get a gift PP on the winner like everyone is saying? When I saw the replay I didn't see a crosscheck but I didn't see the whole replay.
IMO, it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't call. If they don't call it and the Canes have an odd man rush and score, then we think the refs are assholes instead of the Canes fans.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Don't wanna be negative on such a great team win tonight but where the hell is Kakko? He has one gimme goal on a horrible turnover by the Caps.
I know the competition is tough but at this point but he's gonna have to be a bit more dangerous in the o zone.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i could only really watch the first 2 periods. looked like in the OTsvwe had some beautiful rushes and some real chances created off of zone time. Jackie was flying!

but.. why did kakko only get 11 mins??

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Watching what Mika and Trocheck are doing these playoffs I can't believe that we made the ECF+ three times with Derek friggin Stepan as our #1 center.
Stop line numbering. We also had a 60 mil Conn Smyther and the best player at the 2016 worlds.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kinda tough to make lineup changes when you're 6-0 but if Chytil is ready to go it's gotta be on the table. Maybe even Brodz for his speed. And really to me it's less to do with Rempe and more to do with the make up of that 3rd line. 6 games, Kakko has 1 point, Wennberg has 1 point, Cuylle has zero... its great if they're not really giving up much but we need some contributions from that line. Wennberg is a strange player... the guy is shifty, good hands, solid in tight, good passer.. but it doesn't translate to much offense, its odd. We need more from them.
I think offensively, Cuylle has been the most dangerous player on that line. Hes going get one soon.
Wennberg has really picked up his play from caps series too.
They haven’t been bad by any means as a trio, but I wish offensively they could contribute more.
If chytil allows them to run 4 lines, it would go a long way.
Rempe, for as little as he plays is a factor though and that can’t go without being said.
He fires up the building every time he steps on the ice. Momentum shifts are very real.
Guys also might “ play a little bigger” when he’s in the line up/knowing he’s on the bench.
It’s a tough call.
I doubt Lavi goes to chytil til we lose 1 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad