3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The way to take advantage would be to insert Chytil and Brodzinsky for Rempe and Vesey. At very least - fresh legs that would be very important after only one day until the next game after 2OT. I’d do this regardless of the win or loss tonight.

Rempe for Chytil is a no brainier but no need to make a second change

Reactions: Lua

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
also. Carolina won't get 2 deflections like their first 2 goals again even if they tried. they score a bunch of fluky goals because all they do is spam crest shots. Igor eats that shit up for breakfast. we outclassed them in quality of goals scored 2 games in a row. they can't handle us.

Rod’s adjustments amounted to outplaying us for 1 period then getting an opportunistic goal late 2nd from Guentzel. Dom L punching air seeing his favorite power play going 0-10 in crunch time.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
hilarious tidbit...ref teaching Kakko how to take a face-off center ice, Kakko proceeds to cleanly win the draw while the ref angrily watches.
Isn't he 3rd on the team in percentage this year in the few chances he's had? He seems to win often.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think I aged 5 years. igor stole that game. trouba has to be a double agent or something because wtf. panarin was shit, mika was shit, trochek was shit up until the gwg. the whole 3rd line was a nonfactor. and with that, we still managed to win the game.

….
Jeez if this is how you see it, I wouldn’t want to watch this great game with you.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I missed the Trouba thing when it happened live. That's about as funny a visual as I've seen in a long time. Glad everyone ended up being okay though

Reactions: NYR94

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I missed the Trouba thing when it happened live. That's about as funny a visual as I've seen in a long time. Glad everyone ended up being okay though

Trouba sucks but he was a warrior on the PK and with the blocked shots tonight and I like having a guy who is trying to end your bloodline when he hits you. Especially when it’s your captain. The Rangers follow him into the breach.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We played really well in this game.

Carolina had the puck a ton, but that's what they do. It's like playing Colorado and expecting them to not get chances, or playing Boston and expecting them to not get goaltending.

We looked scary every time we had it and they had a very hard time with our speed, which is something I haven't said about the Rangers in ten years.

We were very hard to deal with and pushed the pace.

We made mistakes but so did they. That's just the kind of game it was.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Kinda tough to make lineup changes when you're 6-0 but if Chytil is ready to go it's gotta be on the table. Maybe even Brodz for his speed. And really to me it's less to do with Rempe and more to do with the make up of that 3rd line. 6 games, Kakko has 1 point, Wennberg has 1 point, Cuylle has zero... its great if they're not really giving up much but we need some contributions from that line. Wennberg is a strange player... the guy is shifty, good hands, solid in tight, good passer.. but it doesn't translate to much offense, its odd. We need more from them.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Such a huge win. Nothing better than the playoffs man. Next game is gonna be tough cause they'll be desperate. It's a must win for the Canes.

6 and 0! Just need to win 1 of the next 2 and we're in business. What an insane start.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Call was weak but not unheard of
Usually can’t just cross check a guy in the hip to take him down without running that risk. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you lose your team an OT game
The thing is this cross check did give Canes an OT advantage that could’ve gone the other way and the Rangers get scored on. What’s then - everyone accused refs on a non-call that resulted in a decisive goal. There was a cross check, refs did the right thing calling it.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
We played really well in this game.

Carolina had the puck a ton, but that's what they do. It's like playing Colorado and expecting them to not get chances, or playing Boston and expecting them to not get goaltending.

We looked scary every time we had it and they had a very hard time with our speed, which is something I haven't said about the Rangers in ten years.

We were very hard to deal with and pushed the pace.

We made mistakes but so did they. That's just the kind of game it was.
In your opinion, do you think the Rangers could matchup with any of the western teams remaining?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kinda tough to make lineup changes when you're 6-0 but if Chytil is ready to go it's gotta be on the table. Maybe even Brodz for his speed. And really to me it's less to do with Rempe and more to do with the make up of that 3rd line. 6 games, Kakko has 1 point, Wennberg has 1 point, Cuylle has zero... its great if they're not really giving up much but we need some contributions from that line. Wennberg is a strange player... the guy is shifty, good hands, solid in tight, good passer.. but it doesn't translate to much offense, it’s odd. We need more from them.
Wennberg’s been great. I’m not going to ask for something we know he can’t give - offense.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Any post game from Rod? call me crazy but I think he may be unhappy about the officiating

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Meanwhile, in Devils land:

"I’ve never seen a team play so mid and somehow still win their first six playoff games. Power play merchants in full force."

Here is the thing: Expected goals they edged us 5v5 by .2
5v5 IS THEIR THING. If we are gonna nearly hold them even there, and we have a great power play, THAT'S HOCKEY. Little whiny children over there.
F*** those underachieving ghetto assholes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In your opinion, do you think the Rangers could matchup with any of the western teams remaining?
I didn't love the matchups earlier but we're playing a lot better than I expected. I still hate the Dallas matchup but I'm not afraid of the others. Oddly enough, Colorado doesn't bother me at all. Great team, but as a matchup, I think we have the goaltending to contain them and they're not the type of team that slows down our offense m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad