Post-Game Talk: Gluten-Free Ovechkin

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Cant believe I fell asleep at 5 am before the GWG. But I woke up to some commercials and without looking at the score rewinded the game a little bit just in time for the PowerPlay to start. So I watched it sort of live and it was still glorious. And now I am not falling asleep again today. Hell yeeeeah

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
My feed was around 10 seconds behind and the game thread spoiled the OT goal for me.

And it felt just as good.

Igor played lights out.

Faceoffs were brutal until OT. Put them in chase mode for large parts of the game.

Trouba being Trouba.

Reactions: egelband and AirGut

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Canes dominated the first 30 minutes but then they ran out of gas and they really looked shot in OT.

Reactions: Wtp99

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
IMG_6079.png
Me after a game like that.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Funny enough I actually thought, minus the penalties, Tuba was having a decent game early on... then the wheels completely fell off. I'm pleasantly surprised that Lavi did the right thing toward the end of the season and played with the D combos. If it was Gallant he'd be riding the hell out of him, mistake after mistake. Same for Quinn, except we'd be golfing right now instead and Laffy would be on the 4th line where he belongs.

Obviously there's all the behind the scenes stuff and Tuba's a big lockeroom guy but I'm sure Drury & Co see what everyone else is seeing on the ice... I'd be very surprised if Tuba is here after this summer regardless of what happens
Trouba's worse play was the pinch into the pile that.led to Breads penalty in the 2nd OT. No idea what he was trying to accomplish there

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
No he's been legit ass for most of this run so far but that was a crucial moment and he came through.

This game was really more of the same but f*** what a moment to show up. @hardnosed nailed it, basically did the job of 2 people on that play and crushed it.
He's been covering for Fox a lot these 2 games..Fox is clearly having issues,can't skate,unforced turnovers

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Team stayed calm so did Igor. Deeper team. Carolina actually went down to 9 forwards all overtime?
Who did they take out? Kotkaniemi wasn't really playing, did Jarvis get pulled he was crying and making hilarious faces after getting hit.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Meanwhile, in Devils land:

"I’ve never seen a team play so mid and somehow still win their first six playoff games. Power play merchants in full force."

Here is the thing: Expected goals they edged us 5v5 by .2
5v5 IS THEIR THING. If we are gonna nearly hold them even there, and we have a great power play, THAT'S HOCKEY. Little whiny children over there.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Don’t know if they mentioned it, but Jacob Trouba blocked a few shots
Quite a few and made great defensive plays all game and offensive ones as well but those didn't materialize.. By far the most physical player out there but most everyone on here shitting on him. To be honest I was disappointed with him in the regular season this year but in these playoffs he has been far and away our best defenceman.

Reactions: McRanger92

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
How did the Panthers get William Lockwood from us?
All we have left is a seventh from Krav trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad