Gloves - finding the right fit

skate8

Dec 24, 2022
Hi!

I'm looking for gloves that sits tighter around the palm. I've tried Bauer X and a couple of CCM and Warrior gloves I can't remember the names of, but they all feel way too loose to my taste where the palm sits no matter what size. 15" gloves tend to feel alright where the fingers are, whereas with 13" gloves my fingers tend to push against the tips.

No matter what size they all feel too loose around the palm. I think I read that the Warrior Covert QR models are narrower around the palm. Right or wrong, anyone with experience of those?

Are there any specific models I should look for (preferably at the lower end of the pricing segment since I'm just playing for fun these days)?

Thanks!

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
I've found that the Bauer Supreme line fits my hand the most snug, CCM tacks come a very close second. if you want the hand fit of a 14" but the length of a regular 15", the new CCM Jetspeed pro stock glove fit longer than the size. I wear 14" in every other glove I've had as an adult, but 13" in pro stock Jetspeeds.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
You guys are nuts... I havnt had palms for 20 years

Guy once said to me, he was gonna slash me, but noticed I had no palms on my gloves...guess it's a deterrent. Probably wise on his part in my case

I literally have no leather left on either glove.

• Love
Reactions: tarheelhockey

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
You guys are nuts... I havnt had palms for 20 years

Guy once said to me, he was gonna slash me, but noticed I had no palms on my gloves...guess it's a deterrent. Probably wise on his part in my case

I literally have no leather left on either glove.
Thats because you are a Hanson Bro, not because you had no glove palms.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheelhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad