Glove size-14" or 15"?

rondonald

Mar 11, 2009
I recently bought some bauer pro roll 15" gloves and I'm debating whether or not to exchange them for a 14" pair. I'm 6'2" and figured the 15" would be good for me because my hands are a a little bigger than average along with my height. However after getting the 15" pair, they feel a little loose to me. I know I could play in them, but I also know as they break in they will loosen up a bit more, and I'm afraid they might become too loose. Obviously this is a personal preference, but I figured I would ask and see what opinions other people in my size range had. Are 15" gloves uncommon? If anyone uses 15" gloves, how tall/big are you? Any opinions or thoughts?

datsyukianLIKE

Dec 29, 2010
kalamazoo michigan
im prolly 6"1' i have the exact same pair of gloves i have the 14" and they are perfect on my hands and i really dislike loose gloves i think you should go a try them on for like 10 mins and see if you should return them

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
I'm 6'2" 200lbs, and I wear 15" gloves, I like them big and roomy, I currently wear a pair of Easton Synergy 900's and they are nice. I don't think I'll ever go down in size from 15" I like the extra comfort and space.

rondonald

Mar 11, 2009
I went ahead and ordered the 14" pair and sent back the 15's. I think I'm just at the point where its either I go a little large or a little small...I'm banking on the break in loosening them up a bit. Thanks for the input.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
They should, every pair of gloves will loosen up some. I was using 13" TPS 4-Rolls and they fit just a hair loose when new, but they broke in so much I could almost fit both hands into them. I bought 12" gloves of the same kind and they were kind of tight and uncomfortable at first, but after a couple skates broke in nicely.

Funny thing is, I'm now buying shoes a size smaller because I know they're going to break in. Something about playing hockey with really tight skates made me want tighter fitting shoes.

nukethewhales

gotta nuke something
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto
If they feel too loose to you, then it might be a good idea to at least try a smaller size. I had the same issue with a pair of Bauer One55 gloves. I purchased the 15' pair, and when I tried them out, the chaffing on one hand tore off my skin layer by layer, causing it to bleed. I thought it was just breaking in, so I tried it again, and it just kept doing it.

I switched to a 14' pair, and haven't looked back since.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I'm 5'11" with an average hand size, but I wear 15" Easton E-Pros and they're ******* sweet. Just takes getting used to, I guess.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
I wear a 14 in Eastons and its time for some new gloves. Do Warriors run really big? I have what seem to be pretty big hands and the 13 in Warrior seem to fit better. Its just weird because I could wear a 15 in some gloves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad