Boston Globe Globe’s All Time Draft

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Just for a moment, imagine slamming into the post on the last game of the season and shattering your rib cage, to the point where you had to wear a corset to keep things together and prevent a punctured lung.
then imagine as a 23 year old you felt the weight of the city on your back to the point where you ignored doctors orders and said, f*** it, I’ll be ready for game one.then imagine the disappointment when no matter how bad you wanted it to, your body just wouldnt respond and you were ineffective, you justcouldn’t breathe.then imagine the shock when instead of being commended for playing through the pain, some f***ing media hack DuPont called you out and said you were the problem for posting 0-0-0 and -6. We have no basis to call JT a tease or a flawed captain, he wasn’t here long enough. What we do know is that he won the Hart the year he was traded, was the best player in the world for several years and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Anything else is revisionist history and bullshit spin

Eight seasons isn't long enough?

Reactions: Gordoff

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
this sent me down a bit of a hockeydb rabbit hole.

in the 1992-93 playoffs (the May Day May Day playoffs) the B's scored 12 goals in the 4 games.

Adam Oates had 9 assists.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I stopped reading when Milan Lucic went before Joe Thornton

Series deciding game, without question, Milan Lucic is the man to pick. He stepped his game up in big games so many times.

Thornton had so much talent but didn't have the clutch gene. Some guys have it, some don't. Even with the Sharks, he was underwhelming when the pressure was on.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Joe Thornton gets too much crap, but he wasn't captain material.

If I was doing an 'all-time draft' vs 'all-time ranking', that implies a team structure. Assuming there was some simulation between the teams, that would alter my choices. So I would never exclude any Bruins player, including Thornton.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
this sent me down a bit of a hockeydb rabbit hole.

in the 1992-93 playoffs (the May Day May Day playoffs) the B's scored 12 goals in the 4 games.

Adam Oates had 9 assists.

Must have had a one line team then too.

Three OT games. First game won in OT on a goal by Bob Sweeney.

Horrendous goaltending from Andy Moog.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Joe Thornton gets too much crap, but he wasn't captain material.

If I was doing an 'all-time draft' vs 'all-time ranking', that implies a team structure. Assuming there was some simulation between the teams, that would alter my choices. So I would never exclude any Bruins player, including Thornton.

Common reference point is Lindros breaking Joe's face in a fight. He didn't seem to want to play the physical, go to the net goal scoring type game the Bruins wanted him to anymore. Certainly he was playing a softer game in his last season in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad