OT: Glenn Healy's Hot Stove

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I was inspired by some of the posts in the post-game thread from the recent 3-1 loss to Chicago.

I really wanted a place to vent about the leafs in an alarmist and unrealistic way.

I thought, hey, what better way than to create a thread where we all channel our innermost Glenn Healy and comment on the play of some of the players for fun. Here goes.

0407.healangry.png

Here's what I think about the leaf's "first" line...

Kessel is LOST out there. He can't see the puck! His playmaking is non-existant and he just can't buy a goal right now. Honestly guys I can't see why Carlyle doesn't play Bozak with Lupul and JVR, and let Kessel maybe even take a seat in the press box for a night. Let the guys who actually look like they care, play... and do it before this team finds itself LAST in the east.

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyaces**

Don't completely disagree...Phil can't seem to make pass this year ... everytime he dies its intercepted or he loses the puck somehow!

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
ill say one thing, he did make a few plays that made me go

ermmm, against the hawks
wasnt his night for sure

so ill agree with Glenn on Sat

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Guys I'm not being hyperbolic here when I say Franson looks like he needs some time in the AHL. His game is way off and he is just not playing to an NHL level. Nonis is going to have a lot of work to do here.

gh.jpg

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I agree about kessel. He looks like he doesn't give a damn at times. The way he skates reminds me of minor league when I was like 10, there was always that 1 kid that skated around looking like he doesn't give a ****.

But i love kessel still

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Haha I think the original intent of the thread may have been lost in translation, I just meant it as a way to invoke some "Glenn Healyisms" and get really pessimistic and negative about our team and ignore the good stuff. A place to vent in an extreme way. Reasons why dooms day is approaching for the leafs, but presented in Healy like fashion. Probably will fizzle out but was just an idea.

For instance:

Morgan Rielly has been the Leafs best defenseman so far this season. I'm beginning to fear that if Toronto doesn't trade away Phaneuf soon, and get the "C" on Rielly as soon as possible, Phaneuf is going to slump so hard that they'll barely get a first rounder for trading him at the end of the season.

wulfio*

Haha I think the original intent of the thread may have been lost in translation, I just meant it as a way to invoke some "Glenn Healyisms" and get really pessimistic and negative about our team and ignore the good stuff. A place to vent in an extreme way. Reasons why dooms day is approaching for the leafs, but presented in Healy like fashion. Probably will fizzle out but was just an idea.

For instance:

Morgan Rielly has been the Leafs best defenseman so far this season. I'm beginning to fear that if Toronto doesn't trade away Phaneuf soon, and get the "C" on Rielly as soon as possible, Phaneuf is going to slump so hard that they'll barely get a first rounder for trading him at the end of the season.

i think that happens in every thread on this forum already.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612

For instance:

I read the bolded before I read what was above it. You had me scared :laugh:

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
Ok I'll try…

1) The GWG in the Canes game proves that Bernier is just another Toskala.

2) Even Brett Lebda would improve our team defensively.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I thought this thread would have had the video of Healy mocking the Leafs (though deserved) with the Harlem Globetrotters music, and showing the Hawks play keepaway.

Also, question for you guys....when is the Hot Stove segment? Do they have an abbreviated version in the second intermission, and then have the full segment in the late game?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

For instance:

There's an entire board for it. It's called the NHL Discussion board

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
There's an entire board for it. It's called the NHL Discussion board

84612363_display_image.jpg

I agree, but does anyone on the NHL discussion board comment on the fact that Toronto lost a future top 10 defender in Mike Kostka? Where else are they going to acknowledge the fact that the leafs only got to the playoffs last year based on the intangibles he brought. This current Toronto D core is pitiful and frankly has been missing something ever since Kostka went to Chicago. Carlyle is going to have a big task on his hands finding chemistry without Mike in this lineup. Period.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Without Komarov in the lineup, initiating physical play and forcing the leafs to act, they are and will continue to be one of the softest teams in the league.

This is perhaps the perfect balance of hyperbole and truth combined to make an exceptional Healyism. You just set the bar.

EtoDemerzel

Aug 4, 2009
Toronto
After his Harlem Globetrotters thing I dislike Healy more than ever.

Worst part was that he talked about them playing "keep away" but it was on a Hawks powerplay, if I'm not mistaken. It's not THAT rare to have a good team dominate the puck control while on a powerplay.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Worst part was that he talked about them playing "keep away" but it was on a Hawks powerplay, if I'm not mistaken. It's not THAT rare to have a good team dominate the puck control while on a powerplay.

The Saturday CBC crew are painful to listen to.
Simpson has become worse than Healy. The studio crew have gone downhill completely. PJ Stock is useless. They miss Millbury and Lebrun.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Ever since I was shot down for GM...

"It has been all downhill for the Leafs. I mean that Lupul,Gardiner trade ! Numbskulls and giving away Schenn , I would have never,never done that one. What a bitter pill Leafs fans have had to swallow,this team just sucks!"

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
What was Glenn Healy saying on Saturday?

Anything specific that made you facepalm or just normal Healy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad