Confirmed with Link: Glencross to Capitals for 2015 2nd+3rd rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Don't sell Kono short. Guy was solid. Crazy eyes. Orpik has them now.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hey guys, just wondering how Glencross has done for you so far. I noticed his stats haven't looked that great, but his defensive game was great as a Flame.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hey guys, just wondering how Glencross has done for you so far. I noticed his stats haven't looked that great, but his defensive game was great as a Flame.

After starting off gangbusters, he was pushed/moved down the lineup and hasn't done much since. He's been scratched the last two playoff games and that looks to continue since everyone's playing well.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
And his D game hasn't been good - he makes more mistakes in the D zone than I woulda expected. For a couple of games after he got here, he seemed to score regularly - and then that stopped, and all that was left was a somewhat undersized guy who's not as good in his own end as Trotz needs him to be.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Next time this team needs a shakeup in lines, I wouldn't mind trying 22-83-20 again. That line was bonkers for a couple games, and if it doesn't work it can be buried as a grinder line pretty easily.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
If the Caps make a deep run, I have a feeling they'll need him at some point. Hopefully he'll be able to contribute when the time comes.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He showed up and they put him with Beagle, who he has skated with in the offseason. He did well. Beagle got hurt and then GlenX wife had a baby. That seemed to run concurrent with his play falling off.

Bonzai

Nov 21, 2008
My favorite Trotz quote from last night.

Trotz on scratching Glencross -

Worth noting (and I know you know this, just posting for everyone else that hasn't watched the post game) that Trotz also said Glencross has a great attitude and understood fully, and was ready to make the most of his opportunity when he gets inserted back into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad