Confirmed with Link: Gleason to Leafs -> Liles + Robertson to Canes.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Leafs and Hurricanes trying to complete Tim Gleason trade. It's not done, still some work to do, but it's headed towards conclusion. #tsn

@TSNBobMcKenzie 1:42 PM
TOR prospect going to CAR with J-M Liles for Gleason is defenceman Dennis Robertson, 6th round pick in 2011 draft.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 51s
CAR and TOR trying to get Tim Gleason trade call with league done in next 20 minutes.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 39s
Pending call. Gleason to Toronto for Liles and Robertson (d-man).

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
“@NHLCanes: Canes acquire John-Michael Liles (@hoosierjm26) from TOR for Tim Gleason: http://m.carhur.com/01S1n †Official announcement.

Pretty much done.

Last edited by a moderator:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
There you go.

Looks like it'll be Liles for Gleason too.

It explains Liles sitting in favor of Ranger.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Leafs and Hurricanes trying to complete Tim Gleason trade. It's not done, still some work to do, but it's headed towards conclusion. #tsn

This has been on going for a while as Ron Francis has been scouting the Marlies for over a Month and JML name has been mentioned in the rumours as one heading the other way.

Gleason could certainly help the Leafs as an improvement.

Ace88*

Wouldve been great like 3 years ago. Gleason has really fallen off recently. tbh id rather just keep liles at this point

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
With guys like Rielly and Gardiner, we could use another all-around dman a lot more than another PMD like Liles. I like the deal if it's a one for one swap.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wouldve been great like 3 years ago. Gleason has really fallen off recently. tbh id rather just keep liles at this point

I agree that Liles is a better player overall but there's no denying that Gleason fills a big void on our defense. Liles skillset is very redundant with Rielly and Gardiner all playing over him.

We need more physicality and better defensive orientated defenseman and I think Gleason fills that void far better than Liles --- obviously.

The Promised Land

Dec 30, 2013
Gleason is godawful with a terrible contract. I can't see a scenario where acquiring him wouldn't be a bad move.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I agree that Liles is a better player overall but there's no denying that Gleason fills a big void on our defense. Liles skillset is very redundant with Rielly and Gardiner all playing over him.

We need more physicality and better defensive orientated defenseman and I think Gleason fills that void far better than Liles --- obviously.

Agreed. Noting to really be upset about or over joy about. We can hope he can somewhat regain some confidence and form and help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad