Confirmed with Link: Glass to Milwaukee

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Afanasyev isn’t 4th line or a “herd member”. Players tend to get pegged early as 4th liners, are given that job and begin to believe it. Afanasyev is a potential 1/2 line player. He should be managed that way. So, being in Milwaukee on 1/2 is much better for him than being in the “herd” here. That would not help him learn and develop as a scorer. I hope no one pegs him as a 4L because he’s big.

I look at Jeannot and I think to myself how has being a “herd” member hurt his progress? You can move up the lineup if you succeed. People aren’t pegging him as a fourth liner because he’s big. People are just trying to get him up to the nhl level. Is Tomasino a 4th liner as well?

edit: just noticed how old the original post was.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'd say keep him in the AHL for this year. Milwaukee is rolling and they need him, as well as he needs a lot of ice-time and confidence. Light up the AHL, have a playoff run there, work out in the summer and come to Camp stronger than ever.
I rarely agree with this line of thought. If he's worked hard, is ready to get back to the NHL, don't hold him down.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I rarely agree with this line of thought. If he's worked hard, is ready to get back to the NHL, don't hold him down.
Well there are a few more qualifications needed. One is we also have to have a spot for him. And another is that there aren't other players who have worked hard, are ready to get back to the NHL, etc, ahead of him. If the team likes McCarron better as a 4th line center, then I don't really see a spot in the lineup right now for Glass even if he is ready for another look.

Glass is pretty lucky in that he's such a high-profile draft pick, and he would have to clear waivers to return to the AHL next season. So he's got a built-in silver spoon that other guys don't. He is all but guaranteed to be on the team next season as it is. There's really no holding him down. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad