News Article: Glad we have Daug

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I feel he needs to bring more or else this will be his last year.

He's not the a go-to PKer with guys like condra and o'brien ahead of him.

He's not an offensive guy with 12 points in 77 games.

He's not a physical guy with his size, and zero fights.

He's running out of time to define what type of player he is and why the senators would need to keep him.

His main quality is his speed and the fact he goes at it 100% all the time. But is that enough to keep him here next year? I don't think so. Every player should be giving it 100% playing on this team.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Great article. Sens really have a diverse team.

We've got the only Latvian.

The only Dane? (Regin)
The only Frenchie? (Da Costa)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam

The only Dane? (Regin)

Antoine Roussel in Dallas is also from France. He's also looking quite good on their bottom 6 right now.

Daug is a great player to have in the locker room. A very likeable guy by all accounts. His best contributions to the team may just be out of sight to us fans.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa

The only Dane? (Regin)

There are a few Danes - Frans Nielsen in New York, Hansen in Vancouver (and Jensen as a prospect), maybe more. Antoine Roussel in Dallas is the only other active Frenchman.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
We have plenty of players that don't have the most skill or ability but they give %100 all the time, it's a good lesson to players like Da Costa or any other flashy prospect we get, that we go with the hardest working player instead of the most talented or flashiest looking.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Latvians are crazy about their players.

I know this guy from work who is from Latvia, and he knows every NHLer who is Latvian, even though he doesn't watch the NHL (he watches KHL). He also knows when they are up in the NHL or down in the AHL.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

The only Dane? (Regin)

Nice article.

Roussel is from France and plays on Dallas.

Larsen (Dallas), Hansen (Vancouver), Nielsen (NYI), Boedker (Phoenix) and Eller (Montreal) are all Danish as well. Not to mention Fredrik Andersen, a goalie in the Anaheim organization who's been up and down this year too.

Where did Jets defenseman Arturs Kulda go? I thought he was Latvian too.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There are a few Danes - Frans Nielsen in New York, Hansen in Vancouver (and Jensen as a prospect), maybe more. Antoine Roussel in Dallas is the only other active Frenchman.

Just guys to suit up this year so far,

Danes:
Mikkel Boedker
Frans Nielsen
Jannik Hansen
Lars Eller
Regin
Philip Larsen

French:
Antoine Roussel
Stephane Da Costa

Latvians:
Daug

These two suited up last year as Latvians
Arturs Kulda
Raitis Ivanans

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think he is one of those guys that the players really like on their team, however, I personally think we have better players in the organization & doubt he is re-signed. I would prefer DD to Daugs but understand they may wait until the end of the season before making a decision on him.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I feel he needs to bring more or else this will be his last year.

He's not the a go-to PKer with guys like condra and o'brien ahead of him.

He's not an offensive guy with 12 points in 77 games.

He's not a physical guy with his size, and zero fights.

He's running out of time to define what type of player he is and why the senators would need to keep him.

His main quality is his speed and the fact he goes at it 100% all the time. But is that enough to keep him here next year? I don't think so. Every player should be giving it 100% playing on this team.

His role is energy and being a team guy that can sit out and come in and play anytime without getting bent out of shape. He is a good team guy and a hell of PKer.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
His role is energy and being a team guy that can sit out and come in and play anytime without getting bent out of shape. He is a good team guy and a hell of PKer.

See, i see plenty of energy players on our team.

I would hope all of the players on our team are "team guys"

We have other guys who are better PKers. He's good, no doubt. I'm just saying he really needs to up his game if he wants to stick around as this team becomes a contender in the future. There's a lot of guys coming up that are ready and clawing to pass him on the depth chart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad