Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
I don't think this season Mozyakin, Zaripov, and Kovar have gotten enough attention as they deserve. In a season that was suppose to be the breaking out of Ilya Kovalchuk into the KHL, these three have been just dominant in the offensive department.

The single season point record for the KHL is Alexander Radulov with 80 points in the 2010-2011 season, the single season goal record for the KHL is 35 which was done 4 times, and the single season assist record for the KHL is 60 assists by Radulov in his 80 point year. Currently Mozyakin is on pace for a 78 point season, Zaripov is on pace for a 40 goal season, and Kovar is on pace to get 73 assists.

This year could be a pretty special year for the record books. Out of these three which records do you see getting broken?

Hockeyfan31*

Yeah, I guess we all have a slight idea which line will win the ''best troika'' award :)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I know some people have some choice things to say about Mozaykin on here, but I have seen enough of him to make my own credible opinion. He is elite. The shot, release, passing, moves, stickhandling, patience, vision.. Its all there. I refer to him as the modest mans Datsyuk of the KHL :yo:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know some people have some choice things to say about Mozaykin on here, but I have seen enough of him to make my own credible opinion. He is elite. The shot, release, passing, moves, stickhandling, patience, vision.. Its all there. I refer to him as the modest mans Datsyuk of the KHL :yo:

If he had the work ethic of Datsyuk he would be worth a consideration. Right now he's fair weather hero.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What ppl don't see is that it makes MMG a single line team. They face tough times in playoffs if teams shut down their high-scoring first line. Already happened in the regualr season. That's a great line, no doubt, but they need depth.

VladNYC*

If he had the work ethic of Datsyuk he would be worth a consideration. Right now he's fair weather hero.

The guy has been quietly doing this for years now. He is just not equipped for the north american game.

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
The guy has been quietly doing this for years now. He is just not equipped for the north american game.

I don't know if it's fair to give him that reputation. I mean we've barely seen him in NA because he just doesn't want to be there. Who knows what his caliber would be in the NHL.

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013

Mike Keenan was on hockey night live a few weeks ago on the MSG network here in North America. He had nothing but nice things to say about Zaripov and Mozyakin. Said they were top NHL caliber and real locker room leaders. To get that kind of credit from Keenan takes a lot.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't know if it's fair to give him that reputation. I mean we've barely seen him in NA because he just doesn't want to be there. Who knows what his caliber would be in the NHL.

We've seen enough of him in international competition. Sad display. And it's not his skill. It's his mindset.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mike Keenan was on hockey night live a few weeks ago on the MSG network here in North America. He had nothing but nice things to say about Zaripov and Mozyakin. Said they were top NHL caliber and real locker room leaders. To get that kind of credit from Keenan takes a lot.

Yeah, guess what, Keenan is their head coach and they score all the goals for him. Should he bash them?

Let Keenan compose the russian olymic roster. I wonder if he still goes with Mozyakin.

Last edited:

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
Yeah, guess what, Keenan is their head coach and they score all the goals for him. Should he bash them?

Let Keenan compose the russian olymic roster. I wonder if he still goes with Mozyakin.

Mozyakin wasn't at the last olympics and how did the Russians do? No medal? Maybe he's what they need.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mozyakin wasn't at the last olympics and how did the Russians do? No medal? Maybe he's what they need.

Arguing a player absent was the reason for teams performance is always fun, huh?

In all seriousness, we'd do worse with him in the lineup.

thevreelander

Nov 10, 2013
Arguing a player absent was the reason for teams performance is always fun, huh?

In all seriousness, we'd do worse with him in the lineup.

It is only because the only real way to figure out what would happen with him in there is through NHL 14 :laugh:.

Quite frankly there's no real way to tell who's the "game changer". But what we do know is teams plan to shut down certain players, which create space for other lines.

I'm a Ranger fan so I'll take Rick Nash for example. He was out for most this season so far, but just returned a few nights ago. Our 1st line (Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello) who was facing 1st defense pairings has now been bumped to the 2nd line with his return and is now facing 2nd defense pairings, creating more space for them. I think Mozyakin would definitely help this way for team Russia. Just more depth.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It is only because the only real way to figure out what would happen with him in there is through NHL 14 :laugh:.

Quite frankly there's no real way to tell who's the "game changer". But what we do know is teams plan to shut down certain players, which create space for other lines.

I'm a Ranger fan so I'll take Rick Nash for example. He was out for most this season so far, but just returned a few nights ago. Our 1st line (Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello) who was facing 1st defense pairings has now been bumped to the 2nd line with his return and is now facing 2nd defense pairings, creating more space for them. I think Mozyakin would definitely help this way for team Russia. Just more depth.

Look out for Kucherov tonight, willya? :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad