Proposal: Give Brandon Saad a fresh start

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I'd like him to the Sabres. The only problem is we have nothing really to offer for him other than the other Nylander and one of the 3 1sts we have.
I've bantered about a Saad for Ristolainen swap, but both sides would be adding because losing Risto would be blowing a huge hole in our blue line that needs to be filled. Whatever Chicago adds would likely tilt the trade too far in our favor, so we'd need to add something to equalize the value.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I've bantered about a Saad for Ristolainen swap, but both sides would be adding because losing Risto would be blowing a huge hole in our blue line that needs to be filled. Whatever Chicago adds would likely tilt the trade too far in our favor, so we'd need to add something to equalize the value.

The fact that you like in Illinois but have Brad May as your pic is all sorts of confusion for my brain. Saad for Risto is fine, but the adds need to be a dman from Chicago and a forward from the Sabres to make it balanced. If Chicago goes for a rebuild, Nylander for Murphy and a 2nd?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
The fact that you like in Illinois but have Brad May as your pic is all sorts of confusion for my brain. Saad for Risto is fine, but the adds need to be a dman from Chicago and a forward from the Sabres to make it balanced. If Chicago goes for a rebuild, Nylander for Murphy and a 2nd?
Haha understandable. I'm a Buffalo ex-pat, family moved to Illinois when I was younger in middle school. My Sabre fandom came with me. They could take the boy out of Buffalo, but couldn't take the Buffalo out of the boy. :)

As for your proposal, I like Murphy, but not at the cost of Nylander. If Nylander's in the deal, we're probably talking Jokhijaru or Boqvist coming back the other way.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hawks counter with 3 time cup winner Brent Seabrook and two time cup winner Brandon Saad for zero time cup winner Filip Zadina
Darren_Helm_with_Stanley_Cup_Cropped.jpg

So you're tellin me there's a chance to get rid of this clown?

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Saad + 2nd for Krug + Heinen

Chicago gets a high end offensive top 4D and an ELC forward who produced similar to Saad last year. Bruins get some more badly needed size in the top 6 and work to rebuild the prospect system after having so many graduate.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Haha understandable. I'm a Buffalo ex-pat, family moved to Illinois when I was younger in middle school. My Sabre fandom came with me. They could take the boy out of Buffalo, but couldn't take the Buffalo out of the boy. :)

As for your proposal, I like Murphy, but not at the cost of Nylander. If Nylander's in the deal, we're probably talking Jokhijaru or Boqvist coming back the other way.

I was thinking Jokhijaru, but I know Hawks fans would instantly say no, and was looking at their roster for someone that is still young enough and a RHD. Hence Murphy. But if it was Saad and Jokiharju for Risto and Nylander and we needed to give up one of the STL or SJS 1sts, I'd do it. I still don't think Hawks fans would like it tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad