Give Bjugstad more icetime or send him down

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
I was in town for the weekend and attended the Boston and Minnesota games. Both games, I came away with the same thought... either play Bjugstad in a top 6 role, or send him down to San Antonio. Bjugstad logged only 9:49 against Boston and 10:19 on Saturday against Minnesota. And he made plays when he was on the ice. I'd argue he was the second best center on the team in the 2 games I watched (behind Barkov) and I'm pushing for him to get a chance on a line with Huberdeau. So I'm taking to the boards to start a twitter movement...

Last edited by a moderator:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
He played over 5 minutes in the third period against the Wild, I have a feeling he will be getting a little more ice time from now on.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I think in the future, Jugs is going to paired with Huby, and Barkov is going to be on the other line, with someone like Grimaldi. It just seems to me that that would be the best thing for the team. I think Barkov and Huby are similar type of puck controlling players, and it would be better suited to split them.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Bjugs doesn't look out of place yet and should get more minutes. He doesn't get pushed off the puck easy and we could use his big body on the puck more.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
There's nothing wrong with easing in a rookie who just returned from a concussion. If he continues to play well he will be given more minutes.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
There's nothing wrong with easing in a rookie who just returned from a concussion. If he continues to play well he will be given more minutes.

This. Did you want him logging 25 mins against Boston's/Minnesotta's top lines as a rookie and after almost a month of not playing? A little unrealistic for sure.

I do agree however, while he has not looked out of place in the NHL It would seem that spending time in the AHL on top 2 lines will be great for his development. It would mean Shore gets demoted to 3rd line duty which honestly is not a great situation, as I like what Shore brings to he game and would like to see him also develop properly.

Last edited:

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
This. Did you want him logging 25 mins against Boston's/Minnesotta's top lines as a rookie and after almost a month of not playing? A little unrealistic for sure.

I do agree however, while he has not looked out of place in the NHL It would seem that spending time in the AHL on top 2 lines will be great for his development. It would mean Shore gets demoted to 3rd line duty which honestly is also not a great situation, as I like what Shore brings to he game and would like to see him also develop properly.

That's a very good point, I think Shore is getting the short end of the stick here a bit. Personally, I think Shore never should've went down. Lets not pretend he wasn't one of our best forwards last year. I kind of wish Tallon would've stuck with the going young approach rather than the Septemeber dumpster diving approach

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I kind of wanted ottawa to draft him. Have been curious to see how he does for you. Apparently he is being bumped up to top 6 now. Guess he is looking good. (i haven't seen a game yet)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad