News Article: Giroux Predicts Flyers Will Make Playoffs

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Time to stop talking and start producing, G will have a goal and 2 assists in a 4-1 win over the Rangers

That's what he said....

But seriously..I agree wayyyyyy too much Peter Pan talk last couple of seasons. All these proclamations haven't been borne out on the ice with a winning product. They better start producing and back up all this talk.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Giroux does realize that if he doesn't start performing like the Flyers best player they aren't making the playoffs right? :shakehead

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
GP: 9
G: 0
A: 3
P: 3
+\-: -5
0 Powerplay points

Enough said. If he is coming out saying that the team will make the playoffs, he better be able to back up his talk. He's not playing well on both sides if the puck and something is clearly wrong.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
G had a good game tonight. if kimmo and schenn put those point blasts in the back of the net instead of off the post he walks away with 2 assists. kimmo also screwed him on that 3 on 1.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I blame Timonen and Giroux equally for that one. On the one hand, Giroux is perfectly capable of shooting there; he had a clear lane. On the other, what are you doing Kimmo?

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Was it also Giroux who set up Vinny with that nice cross ice pass and then Cam Talbot made a nice save? Giroux didn't play that bad, guys. C'mon now.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah, seems like people just see the no points and think that means he had a bad game. I thought he had a pretty good game and set up a lot of chances. No luck, though, like this entire season's been.

My only issue was not shooting on that 3-on-1. Atleast try to get a rebound.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
GP: 9
G: 0
A: 3
P: 3
+\-: -5
0 Powerplay points

Enough said. If he is coming out saying that the team will make the playoffs, he better be able to back up his talk. He's not playing well on both sides if the puck and something is clearly wrong.

This sums it up.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
the whole team was skating better against the rangers. for the first time it looked like it was just a few bad bounces instead of a bad team.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Giroux does realize that if he doesn't start performing like the Flyers best player they aren't making the playoffs right? :shakehead

It's still very early. The Flyers will make the playoffs. The roster is too good not to be at least in wild card contention over 82 games. Once the coach settles in and they get chemistry going with Lecavalier and Giroux on the top line it will be a top team in the metro division.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I read today that G had been lobbying Berube to play more on the PK as he loves doing it and wanted to play there more if it would help the team.

Pretty nice really, not putting up the points everyone expects... and asking to play 1.30 to 2 extra mins a night (probably giving up some EV time in doing so) where the chance of putting up points is minuscule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad