Girardi destroys Calvert

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Isn't a loose chin strap a 2 min minor? It is under IIHF rules, not sure about NHL. Great hit.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Good play.

Hit of the year, hopefully not. I think we'll see bigger and better.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Oh wow. That was something else. Clean as they come. But like the Buff hit on Stone, there is gonna be a response for knocking someone into next week regardless how clean it was.
Yeah a headshot is the same thing as a shoulder to shoulder hit. hahahahahahahh

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
This annoys me. Players need to learn when a hit is legal.
Players don' always see the play or have the right angle... Calvert is the longest tenured jacket I'm pretty sure and he got knocked the f out... The captain saw the hit or after math and did what the captain should.

The important thing is pay attention to what happened after the skirmish ended. They found out it was a clean hit and no jackets went after Girardi, no gooning it up, they rallied and tied it up. Now if they sent Josh Anderson or if Foligno kept going for him all night I'm with you but in the moment the reaction was fair.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Oh wow. That was something else. Clean as they come. But like the Buff hit on Stone, there is gonna be a response for knocking someone into next week regardless how clean it was.
That's what's wrong with hockey, there should be no payback after a clean hit, go and hit one of their players not fight. Stupid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad