Girard v Ekholm

who is better right now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Sam is a young top4D with a ton of upside.

MattyEks is an established top pairing defenseman.

If I could take one guy to help me right now for this season, Ekholm. If we're taking next 3-4 years I might choose Girard.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
That's supposed to make it less absurd? Now we're going to post a poll every time someone says something outlandish?

It happens actually very often, people want others to validate their opinions using polls, which doesnt even make them correct necessarily, it just shows majority's opinion.

So yeah, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Girard is better than all Preds dman combined :nod: Now make a poll on that pretty sure Girard will win. Kidding though but this poll is absurd Ekholm is better for sure. It's like making a poll with Hedman vs Dahlin who is better right now? I'm not comparing Dahlin to Girard nor Hedman to Ekholm but comparing a young guy starting his second season against a guy who's in his 6th is little unfair for Sammy :(

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Girard is better for the Avs right now.

Such a silly poll though. Salty Preds fan had to come in and make a poll because some people think Girard is going to be a special player (he is btw).

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He needs a thread to

Are you new here
No, but I'm not all that interested in getting your panties in a bunch because someone said something that you don't like. But then again you always come into the Turris trade threads and try to diminish Sammy by calling him a #5D on the Preds, as if that changes his value to other teams in the league. Absolutely ridiculous and akin to calling Malkin a #2 center.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
No, but I'm not all that interested in getting your panties in a bunch because someone said something that you don't like. But then again you always come into the Turris trade threads and try to diminish Sammy by calling him a #5D on the Preds, as if that changes his value to other teams in the league. Absolutely ridiculous and akin to calling Malkin a #2 center.
I'm pretty sure I said he value to us, was a bottom pairing defender, and that's not wrong, but you can believe what you need too and I'm a Girard fan, always will be.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don’t see all the hype with Girard tbh. He’s a great skater and is calm with the puck, and sometimes makes great plays, but also gets beat often defensively and doesn’t produce offense at an amazing rate. He has potential for sure but people need to chill out a bit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well Girard is a #1 dman in Colorado, and Ekholm isn't a #1 in Nashville...

Obviously Ek, but Girard looks like he's going to be special with the step he's taken this season.
I don’t see all the hype with Girard tbh. He’s a great skater and is calm with the puck, and sometimes makes great plays, but also gets beat often defensively and doesn’t produce offense at an amazing rate. He has potential for sure but people need to chill out a bit.

Plus he's an Av, and that never helps. Amirite?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

He does NOT get beaten often defensively. It takes some highlight reel plays from star players like Forsberg to beat him. His offense is actually fantastic, one of those 4th assist kind of guys who move the puck so the team gains easy entries to the O zone. Barrie will always be the big point producer on the Avs D, his RH shot on the PP time will guarantee him that, but at ES, Girard is already a better puck mover.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well Girard is a #1 dman in Colorado, and Ekholm isn't a #1 in Nashville...

Obviously Ek, but Girard looks like he's going to be special with the step he's taken this season.

Plus he's an Av, and that never helps. Amirite?
What are you talking about? I love MacKinnon and your goalies

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Watch him more than. He does all the little things right, plus his puckmoving is elite. He’s fantastic defensively for his size and the way he uses his body and stick to disposses attackers is quite good for a 20 years old. He’s not a top pairing guy yet, but the potential is there and with how smart he is it may not be long till he gets there.

Plus his skating is some of the best I’ve seen in a long long time.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Girard is going to be a good one. Avs fans stop overhyping him.

How is us telling the truth about Girard "overhyping" him? Everyone here shits all over Avs players at every single turn. We Avs fans FINALLY have great players to cheer for yet some of you act like you're paid by the hour to chime in and tell us that we shouldn't be happy.

If you want to bitch about fans overhyping a player, go to the nearest Matthews thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad