Rumor: Girard available?

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Saw on OhNyquist's YTB-channel that he speculates on Girardi possibly being a trade target for Detroit. Do you guys think that trading for Girardi is an idea worth entertaining? And what would be a reasonable offer for him? OhNyquist speculates that Fabbri +draft pick +prospect would be enough. Sound a bit low, doesn't it?

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Mike Chambers was speculating when he stated that Girard was available, no?

Value wise, I'd rather move players that wont be part of the core in the next few years than draft picks + prospects.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Do you mean Sam Girard of Col? Pretty sure girardi retired.
It's obviously Giordano as the target. \s or /s whatever

If Yzerman puts a stamp of approval on Girard then yes, absolutely, depending on cost.

COL fans say he hasn't been good defensively though & has limited efficacy in the PO's b/c of lack of size.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'd do Zadina 1 for 1 for Girard. Unfortunately, they wouldn't...

I see Zadina thriving on a team like Colorado though.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not really interested tbh. I see the appeal, I just don't like the fit.

The left side defense is on the way. Have some patience and let it emerge. I'd love to keep Leddy around for a short-term contract as well.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd do Zadina 1 for 1 for Girard. Unfortunately, they wouldn't...

I see Zadina thriving on a team like Colorado though.

I'd likely pull the trigger if Yzerman approved too.

However, consider this: (ANA) Troy Terry, RW, 24 is just now hitting his stride, 12 game Pt. Streak.

another small, skilled sniper F who took time to marinate before the results were evident. 14gp/19pts. (11G !!)
..Zadina is 20lbs heavier & 2+yrs younger.

Troy Terry Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Let's not sell low on Zadina/Fabbri/Hronek or anyone with value barring obvious verpayment

FZ: 43pts/100gp
TT: 67pts/143gp

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

If Yzerman puts a stamp of approval on Girard then yes, absolutely, depending on cost.

COL fans say he hasn't been good defensively though & has limited efficacy in the PO's b/c of lack of size.

He’s a good offensive defenseman but weak in his own zone and doesn’t fit the Yzerman mold.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

However, consider this: (ANA) Troy Terry, RW, 24 is just now hitting his stride, 12 game Pt. Streak.

another small, skilled sniper F who took time to marinate before the results were evident...Zadina is 20lbs heavier & 2+yrs younger. 14gp/19pts. (11G !!)

Let's not sell low on Zadina/Fabbri/Hronek or anyone with value barring obvious verpayment

Zadina is 10 ply. Terry is a tireless worker and smarter. Not very comparable.
I like Fabbri but he is not good defensively. If he’s traded I’m not too bummed.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

another small, skilled sniper F who took time to marinate before the results were evident. 14gp/19pts. (11G !!)
..Zadina is 20lbs heavier & 2+yrs younger.

FZ: 43pts/100gp
TT: 67pts/143gp

Troy Terry was drafted in the 5th round and "wasn't supposed" to be this good.

Zadina was drafted at 6th overall, and has been a major letdown. Big difference...

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
He’s a good offensive defenseman but weak in his own zone and doesn’t fit the Yzerman mold.

This is pretty accurate. He isn't redundant to our organization. We don't have any defensemen who are as offensively gifted as he is. Like you said though, he probably isn't Yzerman's type of guy even if he would make us better.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I actually wouldn't mind Giordano in the offseason, especially if we lose Leddy. I know folks are giddy to try writing Edvinsson in for next year, but having the ability to give him another year or two wouldn't be the worst thing. And if he comes in, pushes some guy down/off the roster...so be it.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I actually wouldn't mind Giordano in the offseason, especially if we lose Leddy. I know folks are giddy to try writing Edvinsson in for next year, but having the ability to give him another year or two wouldn't be the worst thing. And if he comes in, pushes some guy down/off the roster...so be it.
Geraldo Rivera approves.

Jerry Springer kicks tires.

Chuck Woolery sees the connection.

Walter Cronkite reports only the facts.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Who’s this thread about?

Joe Girardi
girardi.jpg

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Troy Terry was drafted in the 5th round and "wasn't supposed" to be this good.

Zadina was drafted at 6th overall, and has been a major letdown. Big difference...

Troy Terry was pure crap - until this season. No one predicted him being anything special and guy is now on hot streak. Does it even last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad