Value of: Giordano

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Truth is, he will be exposed at the draft.
Seems like a guy Seattle could grab and make their captain in the inaugural season. Only a year left too so there's no long term commitment. It'll be Bennett or Gio really.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Truth is, he will be exposed at the draft.
Seems like a guy Seattle could grab and make their captain in the inaugural season. Only a year left too so there's no long term commitment. It'll be Bennett or Gio really.
I disagree with this, not because Gio wouldn't be a good player for Seattle, but I think the Flames will be leaving players like Backlund unprotected and if that is the case Seattle would be better off taking the offensive potential over good defensive play. I've done a few "mock expansion drafts" and it seems there will be several options for good defensive players but there will not be much in the way of offensive talent. This is assuming Lucic doesn't waive and and the roster stays pretty much as is. I would also be surprised to see Seattle taking a 38 year old going into his UFA season unless they see trade deadline value.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I disagree with this, not because Gio wouldn't be a good player for Seattle, but I think the Flames will be leaving players like Backlund unprotected and if that is the case Seattle would be better off taking the offensive potential over good defensive play. I've done a few "mock expansion drafts" and it seems there will be several options for good defensive players but there will not be much in the way of offensive talent. This is assuming Lucic doesn't waive and and the roster stays pretty much as is. I would also be surprised to see Seattle taking a 38 year old going into his UFA season unless they see trade deadline value.

Flames will be leaving Bennett unprotected.

Seattle will have the options of Giordano, Bennett, Kylington, Lucic and other garbage.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Flames will be leaving Bennett unprotected.

Seattle will have the options of Giordano, Bennett, Kylington, Lucic and other garbage.

Is there word the Lucic will waive his NMC to be unprotected?

If I was Francis I’d target Bennett. I don’t see the point in grabbing Gio. Someone else mentioned they need to hit the floor but that money is better spent in UFA. Seattle could be a major player in that department.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

If I was Francis I’d target Bennett. I don’t see the point in grabbing Gio. Someone else mentioned they need to hit the floor but that money is better spent in UFA. Seattle could be a major player in that department.

I've it on fairly good authority Lucic will waive.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Treliving hinted that there was a discussion of Lucic's NMC prior to trading for him. Lucic retained his NMC, so the assumption the discussion for the NMC was waiving it for Seattle. Nothing official yet, but that's the expectation for expansion draft purposes.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
1 year left and then he probably retires... I can't see why Seattle would do that for 1 year unless Flames are trading an asset for them to not take somebody else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad