Confirmed with Link: Giordano, Gaudreau will attend the All-Star Weekend

Aug 3, 2010
Gaudreau? What a bust. Couldn't even make it to the All-Star Game roster and play against all the *real* NHL defencemen.

Aug 3, 2010
No TJ Brodie? Hmph.

Not really surprised - while he's still above-average his play has cooled down the last 10, 15 games. Would have taken Latvian levels of voting/pimping to have gotten him a spot in the ASG.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good for Giordano and Gaudreau.

Could have made cases for Brodie and Hudler as well but meh. Doubtless Hudler would prefer to stay home with his wife and new born while Brodie could use the time off to rest.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
With Keith and Seabrook being guaranteed a spot, Brodie had no chance. Especially since every team has to have one guy there. OEL, Johnson, Byfuglien, and Faulk all got a spot because nobody else from their teams made it.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Also, this may not mean Brodie ISN'T going. This just means he wasn't a first choice. Guys get injured. Sometimes people decide not to participate. We may see him there still.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Some of the snubs are hilarious..

Quick, Backstrom, Karlsson, Subban

lol

Quick was probably only left out because they needed someone to represent Detroit, so Howard was put in.

As for Subban and Karlsson, I'd argue that Giordano, Doughty, Suter, Weber, Burns, and Shattenkirk were all performing ahead of those two. Seabrook and Keith were locks due to voting. Winnipeg, Phoenix, Carolina, and Colorado had nobody to represent their teams, so they had to put someone in.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Quick was probably only left out because they needed someone to represent Detroit, so Howard was put in.

As for Subban and Karlsson, I'd argue that Giordano, Doughty, Suter, Weber, Burns, and Shattenkirk were all performing ahead of those two. Seabrook and Keith were locks due to voting. Winnipeg, Phoenix, Carolina, and Colorado had nobody to represent their teams, so they had to put someone in.

If they just wanted a Detroit rep they should've added Datsyuk.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Awesome. I'd love to see Gaudreau vs Drouin in the puck control contest assuming they still have it. It's been a few years since I watched the skill contest or all star game for that matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad