Gimme this uniform

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I so want this to be the Sabres main jersey - I'd make the front text logo even bigger and probably change the gold horizontal striping a bit. The iconic buffalo with the crossed swords i'd put on the shoulders but without the medallion around it.

vaneksabresalt.jpg

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Nothing should replace the crossed swords and Buffalo. Just nothing.
It's more than just a Jersey logo, it's an identity of the teams inception, it's creation. It's iconic to the fan base.
When I see that logo I harken back to my childhood, to the days of Gil and the French Connection, to RJ screaming MayDay.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I loved this as a third, and there's even a case to be made for it over the current jersey, just because the current jersey goes all 1999 with mod dark versions of our classic colors. Not to mention there's literal pit stains designed into the jersey, which I can't look at and think of anything else.

Ideally, we'd just go back to the initial jerseys in terms of logo and color scheme. But these thirds were excellent, would be welcome back, and might even be nicer than our current mains depending on how you feel about colors.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I loved this as a third, and there's even a case to be made for it over the current jersey, just because the current jersey goes all 1999 with mod dark versions of our classic colors. Not to mention there's literal pit stains designed into the jersey, which I can't look at and think of anything else.

Ideally, we'd just go back to the initial jerseys in terms of logo and color scheme. But these thirds were excellent, would be welcome back, and might even be nicer than our current mains depending on how you feel about colors.

The navy blue doesn't really bother me. But, the silver trim and the arm pit contrast needs to go.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
no jersey thread is complete without ....

The slug SUCKS !!
Buffalo-Sabres-20062007-Youth-Replica-White-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-N3826_XL.jpg

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I really liked that light blue baseball script jersey as a 3rd, wouldn't mind seeing it make a comeback.

Also, some people might hate this, but I think it would be sorta cool to bring the black goathead jerseys as a 3rd. They've got some good memories associated with them, namely the Cup run and the 05-06 ECF team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad