Gimme a bold prediction for 2018-19 NHL season

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Johnny Gaudreau gets traded to Philly, NY, Bos, Pitts or NJ. I don't know who comes back.

I hope not, but I think there's some final chinks in the wheel at Calgary that haven't quite come together and Johnny Hockey's value is about as high as it might get (particularly with the cap going up and his contract being not that high). That, and he has hinted numerous times his desire to be playing out east.

Gosh I hate trade-baiting/rumoring.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Johnny Gaudreau gets traded to Philly, NY, Bos, Pitts or NJ. I don't know who comes back.

I hope not, but I think there's some final chinks in the wheel at Calgary that haven't quite come together and Johnny Hockey's value is about as high as it might get (particularly with the cap going up and his contract being not that high). That, and he has hinted numerous times his desire to be playing out east.

Gosh I hate trade-baiting/rumoring.

Nyi or nyr
Cause I don't see a fit on the isles and I don't see value from the rangers

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers show that the 2017-18 was the fluke season and make it back to the playoffs with a healthier blue line, better goaltending

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Which Kane? Evander or Patrick?

LOL it should be obvious.

Unless the delusions of Shark fans live strong here. (Okay P Kane wouldn't be BOLD so maybe he does mean Kane) but I honestly would cook my socks for supper in a frying pan and dose them in syrup and eat away if E. Kane gets 80 points. He shouldn'teven get 60 but we'll see.

Streakiest scorer in the game. He played with a talent like Eichel and he helped him to 36 in 38 goals, then just 3 goals 6 points in the next 21 GP without Eichel.

Logan C and J Pavelski helped him too, but are those two, THAT" much better then a healthy Eichel (keep in mind a returned from sprained-ankle Eichel at age 19-20 and 20-21 scored 121 pts in his last 128 games)

So cosndiering Eichel is based on PPG a 80 ptish player, and I know Pavelski was amazing in 16 and still is but is he that much better then Eichel? Enough to nearly double Kane's point total from last year?

Doubt it. EVander is going to soak up the California Sun and be streaky as he's always been. Love getting a first rounder and a headcase like him out of the room. Jets fans warned us.

Last edited:

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Bruins Predictions:

David Pastrnak scores 40+ goals.
Brad Marchand scores 95+ points.
Charlie McAvoy scores 50+ points.
Jake DeBrusk scores 30 goals.

And the Bruins will have the best season in the history of the NHL

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Pens will miss the playoffs due to injuries and Murray being exposed for the average goalie he is.

Most of the Caps players will regress hard and miss the playoffs.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
LOL it should be obvious.

Unless the delusions of Shark fans live strong here. (Okay P Kane wouldn't be BOLD so maybe he does mean Kane) but I honestly would cook my socks for supper in a frying pan and dose them in syrup and eat away if E. Kane gets 80 points. He shouldn'teven get 60 but we'll see.

Streakiest scorer in the game. He played with a talent like Eichel and he helped him to 36 in 38 goals, then just 3 goals 6 points in the next 21 GP without Eichel.

Logan C and J Pavelski helped him too, but are those two, THAT" much better then a healthy Eichel (keep in mind a returned from sprained-ankle Eichel at age 19-20 and 20-21 scored 121 pts in his last 128 games)

So cosndiering Eichel is based on PPG a 80 ptish player, and I know Pavelski was amazing in 16 and still is but is he that much better then Eichel? Enough to nearly double Kane's point total from last year?

Doubt it. EVander is going to soak up the California Sun and be streaky as he's always been. Love getting a first rounder and a headcase like him out of the room. Jets fans warned us.

While I also believe E Kane isn't likely a 80 point guy your facts are wrong.

E Kane 61 GP 40 pts with BUF 17-18
E Kane 17 GP 14 pts with SJS 17-18

Straight up looking at his SJS numbers puts him at a projected 67.53 pts on an 82 game season. He's in his prime, able to play a more offensive role because the Sharks aren't as bad defensively as the Sabres. 80 points isn't out of the question, though I'd believe 60-65 is more realistic.

And with Chicago's regression, it's not obvious - P Kane could easily be a 70 pt guy and never hit 80 again. The hawks defence was lacking to say the least last year, Crawford may never play the same if his vertigo doesn't disappear over the summer which means P Kane would actually have to play a more defensive role instead of being a offensive monster going forward.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
-Riley Sheahan scores 18+ goals for the Pens
-McDavid gets hurt and misses over half a year again
-Kovalchuk scores 40 for the Kings.

(Points) :D

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
While I also believe E Kane isn't likely a 80 point guy your facts are wrong.

E Kane 61 GP 40 pts with BUF 17-18
E Kane 17 GP 14 pts with SJS 17-18

Straight up looking at his SJS numbers puts him at a projected 67.53 pts on an 82 game season. He's in his prime, able to play a more offensive role because the Sharks aren't as bad defensively as the Sabres. 80 points isn't out of the question, though I'd believe 60-65 is more realistic.

And with Chicago's regression, it's not obvious - P Kane could easily be a 70 pt guy and never hit 80 again. The hawks defence was lacking to say the least last year, Crawford may never play the same if his vertigo doesn't disappear over the summer which means P Kane would actually have to play a more defensive role instead of being a offensive monster going forward.

My facts weren't wrong though, I wasn't talking about how he was "just as good" with Buffalo, I was pointing out how badly he did with Buffalo once taken off the EIchel line. Going from 19 goals and 36ish points in 38-39 games or whatever it was to 3 goals and 3 assists in his next 21 when with OTHER good players like O'Reilly and Reinhart/Pominville is a huge drop off, and showed he was relying on the top center. Especially when you consider Eichel went to above a Point Per Game when KANE LEFT his line, suggesting he was actually hurting Jack's production.

Then he goes to the Sharks and plays with two other great centers and does well. Not surprised. Such a small sample size, and the Vegas series he dropped off and that's all I was ever saying here.

I didn't mean to suggest he did just as well with Buffalo, if anything I was pointing out how bad he did with the Sabres after the fact.

If I said such a thing I didn't mean it whatever way you interpreted it, I mean it how I'm explaining it here.

It might sound like I'm trying to pump my players tires but its because I'm a fan of him/them that I can recognize such a thing where-as people who don't follow him just see "Oh, now He's on a GOOD TEAM, he's going to be AMaaaaazing!!!"

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'll bite.

Oilers make the playoffs as a wild card team.
McDavid finishes the year with 119 points
Ty Rattie has a 45 point season
Cam Talbot returns to 2016-2017 form

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
HFBoards stops comparing Patrik Laine to Auston Matthews because everyone collectively recognizes that the two are very different players who don't even play the same position and don't make good comparisons for each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad