Gilbert Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
So what's the deal with this kid..?

Is he going to end up being like Corey Locke.....?

Dominate at Junior but not be able to make teh step to the NHL..?

I know Lockey may still make it since his time has not yet come but interms of the Lonny Bohonos and Patt Falloon and guys that couldn't score at the NHL leve but could tear it up in Junior...

HOw do you view Brule...?

I know he's young what 16 years old..?

But what kind of player is he....do his skills seem translatable....

I know he's doing good for a 16 year old in the dub, 2nd on the Giants in scoring....

just curiosu for any insight....Thanks...

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Brule is the real deal, hes not big, but not small. Is fast, and has the guts to go in the corner. He never backs down. Brule will challenge for a spot on the u20 team, although I dont think he will make this year, he will next year, barring nothing happens to him!

Dr_Chimera*

Qubax said:
Is he going to end up being like Corey Locke.....?

Dominate at Junior but not be able to make teh step to the NHL..?

Ummm... Can I see your chrystal ball?

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
haha yeah just using that as an example...I know Locke may well be a great NHLer for all I know...I am jsut saying he is a guy taht is pretty small that's not real fast on his skates and has been labelled as aguy that won't dominate at the NHL level....

Lonny Bohonos guys like that, that are proven failures are better examples....

anyway what's your take on Brule....Dr.Chimera....?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I've seen Brule live 3 times and each game just impressed me even more. He not big, yes, but his style of play more than makes up for it. At only 16 years old he looks like the smartest player on the ice, and probably is.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Nice....yeah I'm going to have to get out to a Hitmen game when the Giants are in Calgary...

I gotta see this kid for myself...

canucks year

Jul 29, 2003
bc
Visit site
brule

Watched this kid play Jr in Quesnel as 15yr old.He played against 20 yr olds last year and it was hard to believe he was only 15.He plays with the intensity of a matt cook but with better hands.If he doesnt get injured because of the way he plays ala cook,clark should be a sure fire nhl,er.And if he fills out to be 6 feet and say 200 pounds could be a star.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Brule is very smart on the ice. Superb vision and very shifty. Explosive skater and still has time to grow. Lots of time for things to change, but at this point he looks like a really nice player.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
As a local boy, I think people in Vancouver are already crossing their fingers that somehow this kid lands back in Vancouver when he makes the transistion to the NHL.

Avery4Byng*

Watched him last night... well not really. Kelowna shut him down. He had no room and I barely saw him in the 3rd period. Good job by Kelowna to give him no room what so ever..... but not fun for the fans who kind of wanted to see him play!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Fedz said:
Brule is the real deal, hes not big, but not small. Is fast, and has the guts to go in the corner. He never backs down. Brule will challenge for a spot on the u20 team, although I dont think he will make this year, he will next year, barring nothing happens to him!

1 + 1 tonight against the Seattle Thunderbirds and was awarded the games 2nd star. Crosby is impressive enough, but for Brule, at 16 yrs of age, to be in the Top 5 in points in the WHL is damn good! The kid is leading all rookies in scoring and that includes many 19 yr olds from Europe and the NCAA.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
HabLover said:
1 + 1 tonight against the Seattle Thunderbirds and was awarded the games 2nd star. Crosby is impressive enough, but for Brule, at 16 yrs of age, to be in the Top 5 in points in the WHL is damn good! The kid is leading all rookies in scoring and that includes many 19 yr olds from Europe and the NCAA.

The 2005 draft year is looking down right scary, hopefully these guys keep progressing.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
HabLover said:

Yup....i just wish i could see Crosby play...i wanna match them together.....anyways..i will at the 2005 Prospects Game here at Pac Colisieum.

Brule=Amazingly great player, plays above and beyond his age. By about 5 years. Expect to see him make a real big push to play on the Canadian u-20 team. Hes a great player.

BCCHL inactive

Fedz said:
Expect to see him make a real big push to play on the Canadian u-20 team.

Brulé isn't on Team WHL that will play Russia in the Re/Max Canada-Russia Challenge next month.

He will wait for next season to make his push for the U20 team.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see Brule get number one...But man Sidney Crosby is Sidney Crosby and I just can't see that happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad