GIF of Nylander Skating in Circles?

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I didn't know what thread to put this in, and I know we hate new threads on this board; but does anyone have a GIF of Nylander skating in circles?

Thanks!

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
ovicircle3.gif

We've come full circle.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
I never noticed him actually skating in circles. What he definitely did do more than any player I have seen is many sharp turns in succession.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What Nylander did was spin back on the rush on the half boards, and look to pass.

Something we should have been doing more of once our North Only game ran into a brick wall exactly 4 years ago facing Montreal.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Fenwick and Corsi don't tell the whole story. They both focus on shots. There needs to be a Nylander stat - a ratio of puck possession time:shots. Players with a higher Nylander ratio are puck hogs who like to tap their sticks when they want the puck. Players with a lower Nylander ratio are good Canadian boys.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Nylander definitely did skate in circles sometimes. It wasn't the shape that mattered but the increasing tendency to hold the puck way too long while open players skated through and then themselves had to pull up and find a new lane.

A better example of effective use of that move might be Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad