Proposal: Gibson and Lindholm for Taylor Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Thanks, but no thanks.

Gibson will probably be available once we make the decision to go with one and let the other one go, but we won't have to make that decision for a few years yet.

You'd have to be crazy if you think we're letting go of Lindholm, though.

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Gibson and Fowler maybe? Ducks have excellent defensive depth. Players like Hall are rare and don't come around too often.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Gibson and Lindholm for Taylor Hall, anyone?

Gives the Ducks a first line of Getzlaf, Perry and Hall. That's a handful.

absolutely not.

Ducks aren't in dire need of a winger. Would it help to get another dynamic one? Hell yes it would. In fact, I hope it's Murray's top priority other than re-signing our own. However, no way should we move one of Lindholm or Fowler for one. I'm in the minority, but I'd be okay with moving Vatanen in the right deal. Not in any deal that included Gibson though.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
A Hall trade between the Ducks and Oilers definitely has some teeth (if you can overlook the division rivals aspect), but anything involving Lindholm is a non-starter. In any case, the Ducks would be taking a pretty big leap to make a Hall trade in any form happen this summer. There are just way too many other considerations with guys needing to be signed (Kesler is a biggie), and younger guys who haven't developed to the point that they make anyone expendable yet (Theodore, Ritchie, and Gibson mainly).

It's just not feasible to discuss a major trade yet with so much up in the air. Right now, the biggest leap I would take is possibly a package around Vatanen + Palmieri + (?). Vats is VERY roughly replaced by Wiz, and Palms is pretty replaceable at this point. I don't see a way to involve either young goalie yet though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
A Hall trade between the Ducks and Oilers definitely has some teeth (if you can overlook the division rivals aspect), but the Ducks would be taking a pretty big leap to make it happen this summer. There are just way too many other considerations with guys needing to be signed (Kesler is a biggie), and younger guys that are at the point that they can make anyone expendable yet (Theodore, Ritchie, and Gibson mainly).

It's just not feasible to discuss a major trade yet with so much up in the air. Right now, the biggest leap I would take is possibly a package around Vatanen + Palmieri. Vats is VERY roughly replaced by Wiz, and Palms is pretty replaceable at this point. I don't see a way to involve either young goalie yet though.

I agree to an extent. The reason I slightly disagree is because Edmonton clearly doesn't want to rebuild anymore. They want to compete now. I don't see them interested in Ritchie or Theodore personally. Not that they wouldn't like those players, but they'd want players like Lindholm, Vatanen, or Fowler. Gibson would probably interest them though.

IMO, a better trading partner is Toronto for JVR. Maybe Philly for Simmonds. I think both of these teams would be more interested in future pieces than Edmonton.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
A Hall trade between the Ducks and Oilers definitely has some teeth (if you can overlook the division rivals aspect), but anything involving Lindholm is a non-starter. In any case, the Ducks would be taking a pretty big leap to make a Hall trade in any form happen this summer. There are just way too many other considerations with guys needing to be signed (Kesler is a biggie), and younger guys who haven't developed to the point that they make anyone expendable yet (Theodore, Ritchie, and Gibson mainly).

I wouldn't say we need to re-sign Kesler in the offseason. He has an entire year left, don't have to rush it.

mytduxfan*

I agree to an extent. The reason I slightly disagree is because Edmonton clearly doesn't want to rebuild anymore. They want to compete now. I don't see them interested in Ritchie or Theodore personally. Not that they wouldn't like those players, but they'd want players like Lindholm, Vatanen, or Fowler. Gibson would probably interest them though.

IMO, a better trading partner is Toronto for JVR. Maybe Philly for Simmonds. I think both of these teams would be more interested in future pieces than Edmonton.

I'd prefer this then giving up Fowler or Lindholm to EDM. For me, Lindholm is a non-starter and EDM would have to overpay for Fowler. We need both of them more than we need Hall.

The other option is trading Theo for Draisaitl. We're pretty stacked at D and need C prospects. Nurse and Theo had chemistry during the WJC and are complementary D-men. Could make a perfect 1st line D-pairing for EDM. Meanwhile, with McDavid and RNH, Draisaitl becomes somewhat expendable. EDM fans will ***** and moan that Drai has a higher upside, but I don't think that's really the case. It's basically a swap for a future 1st line C and a future 1st line D. Where they were selected in the draft means nothing at this point.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

I agree, and the mention of prospects was to say that they would push experienced players out of the roster who can then be traded, giving the Oilers the sure-fire players they would be after for immediate impact. But that means waiting another year or more, which kind of makes this discussion moot.

After the way Nurse and Theodore played together in juniors, Shea would have to be a pretty intriguing thought for them though.

I wouldn't say we need to re-sign Kesler in the offseason. He has an entire year left, don't have to rush it.

True. But that's a big question mark, if he walks when his current deal is up, we don't need to mess with Hall, we have a bigger hole to fill.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Wouldn't do Lindholm straight up.
My sentiments exactly

We're not in such need for a 1/2LW that we need to go trading a 21yr old who is already our 1D some nights and only gonna get better. No way. Let alone toss in a goalie prospect with elite potential.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hall is one of the top LW in the league, but you don't trade a 1D for a wing unless the + is on the side with the wing.

Which is why you never see a 1D get traded in anything other than a huge package or a forced scenario.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'd be more than willing to trade Wiz to get a piece of future. Wiz is a veteran defenseman. Now, let's package Wiz and someone else. We're superfluous in defense right now.

But as for including Lindholm in any conversation... smh. Get out! ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad