Gibson again tops Anaheim Ducks Fall 2014 Top 20

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
john_gibson_sami_vatanen_anaheim_051414.jpg
Photo: John Gibson and Sami Vatanen are among Anaheim’s top prospects. They were selected in the second round of the 2011 Draft and fourth round of the 2009 Draft, respectively. (courtesy of Harry How/Getty Images)

The Anaheim Ducks are becoming mighty once again. The 2013-14 season saw the team lead the Western Conference in points, and they also had prospects at all levels of the game make big impacts with their respective teams.

At the professional level, the team’s young goalies got a lot of the attention. Frederik Andersen made an immediate impact early in the season, while John Gibson‘s time to shine came at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs.… read more

The post Gibson again tops Anaheim Ducks Fall 2014 Top 20 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The fact that we have guys like Sorensen, Roy, and Montour outside of the top 10 is just nasty.

Karlsson should not be behind any forwards except Ritchie IMO.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lot's of 7's

But I have to disagree once again on Gibson's 8 rating. Think it should be 8.5 C. His potential is higher than 8.0

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Lot's of 7's

But I have to disagree once again on Gibson's 8 rating. Think it should be 8.5 C. His potential is higher than 8.0

Yep. These would be my changes:

Gibson: 8.5C
Andersen: 7.5B
Karlsson: 7.5C

And I would include Manson (Has HF even watched Manson before? Not in the Top 20?).

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
The fact that we have guys like Sorensen, Roy, and Montour outside of the top 10 is just nasty.

Karlsson should not be behind any forwards except Ritchie IMO.

You can make a case for Kerdiles, but at this point, I'd put Karlsson over Rakell.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Do the HF writers not speak with each other at all? How is Vasilevsky an 8.5C while Gibson is a 8.0C? How is Anthony Deangelo an 8.5D and Vatanen a 7.0B and Theo a 7.5C? Andersen is only a 7.0? Karlsson only a 7.0?

Some of these rankings don't make sense period and when you compare them to other HF player ratings, they make even less sense.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Yep. These would be my changes:

Gibson: 8.5C
Andersen: 7.5B
Karlsson: 7.5C

And I would include Manson (Has HF even watched Manson before? Not in the Top 20?).

Lol didnt even notice. He should probably be top 10. Based on the way the Ducks brass ALWAYS talk about him and how he has played, he is a monster.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Masisak had him at 40-something on his prospect rankings. It makes me sick to say that.

Yeah, I saw that. On those six surveys I was just quickly browsing to see which Ducks prospects made the lists, and seeing Karlsson high on Masisak's list was a bit of a bittersweet moment... :laugh:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Our prospects are underated. WHich makes it even crazier that we are ranked in the top 5 of almost all lists I have seen. Guys like Karlsson and Manson are players that almost noone outside of the Ducks know much about but are legit prospects.

Bobkov is our 3rd best goalie prospect and he would be #1 on the majority of the teams in the NHL...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Masisak had him at 40-something on his prospect rankings. It makes me sick to say that.

Sad how quickly I grew a distaste for that guy. I used to have genuine hockey chat with him on twitter before I starting smoking that advanced stats hash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad