Recalled/Assigned: Gibbons and Collins Recalled

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah, that was an odd response. Who were we going to call up?

Anderson / Rychel maybe? But I trust the guys running the organization and the coaches in Springfield to pick the best two guys.

D'Amigo is the only Falcon without a point I believe I heard.

jpsquill

Oct 15, 2014

I think a lot of people wanted to bring up Rychel or Anderson, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Neither of them really seem quite ready to get the call up yet.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site

I know the call ups are necessary, to me it really doesn't matter who they call up, to me none of them will make any significant impact. I've made it known I'm still on the trade/UFA bandwagon, I would rather have a bonafide NHLer not a tweener that can't stick for any length of time.

I'm not convinced this club is as deep as everyone seems to think they are. I'm not talking about an earth shattering, significant asset reducing trade. How about trading for a 3rd line NHLer that could admirably play up a line? I understand leverage before I get a patronizing lecture from someone. If a trade isn't available, then so be it, but I hope that this was seriously considered or is still being vetted before just relying on "organizational depth."

My fear is that the hole this club gets into before everyone is healthy will be too sizable to even consider getting in the playoffs and this club takes a step backward. Is that panicked? Probably, but that's how I see it.

I know they've been resilient but they've also never had to overcome injuries to so many key people. I really, sincerely do hope they prove me wrong, but I just don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this. It's a long period of time to try to tread water with an expansion like roster.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I know the call ups are necessary, to me it really doesn't matter who they call up, to me none of them will make any significant impact. I've made it known I'm still on the trade/UFA bandwagon, I would rather have a bonafide NHLer not a tweener that can't stick for any length of time.

I'm not convinced this club is as deep as everyone seems to think they are. I'm not talking about an earth shattering, significant asset reducing trade. How about trading for a 3rd line NHLer that could admirably play up a line? I understand leverage before I get a patronizing lecture from someone. If a trade isn't available, then so be it, but I hope that this was seriously considered or is still being vetted before just relying on "organizational depth."

My fear is that the hole this club gets into before everyone is healthy will be too sizable to even consider getting in the playoffs and this club takes a step backward. Is that panicked? Probably, but that's how I see it.

I know they've been resilient but they've also never had to overcome injuries to so many key people. I really, sincerely do hope they prove me wrong, but I just don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this. It's a long period of time to try to tread water with an expansion like roster.

There is no team, no team, that has the depth to successfully weather the loss of 9 regular roster players. This team is doing the best it can without mortgaging the future.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

I agree, to an extent. I'd like a trade to happen for a guy like Chris Higgins. He's a veteran middle six player who would fit in well here IMO, and wouldn't cost any significant assets to acquire. Just a small move to stop some bleeding, obviously Chris Higgins wouldn't single handedly save us. I understand call ups need to happen, but we're just so decimated. Need to react appropriately.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah just the simple task of identifying the exact right type of player, on an appropriate contract, on a team that is willing to trade him for whatever it is Jarmo wants to send.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I expected these two to get the call up. Gibbons, sure. But I'd much rather let Kerby have a cup of tea to really let him know what the NHL is about so he can go back down and really work towards sticking in the lineup next year. Management must really want to make him earn it I guess. More than likely has something to do with the attitude we had heard Richards previously bring up.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I expected these two to get the call up. Gibbons, sure. But I'd much rather let Kerby have a cup of tea to really let him know what the NHL is about so he can go back down and really work towards sticking in the lineup next year. Management must really want to make him earn it I guess. More than likely has something to do with the attitude we had heard Richards previously bring up.

I'd feel more comfortable bringing him up when we are more healthy. The environment isn't exactly ideal for him right now. Wait until we are close to 100% and everyone is firing on all cylinders, and then bring him up for a injury call up. That's when you tell him 'hey you wanna stick around, this is what it's gonna take'. IMO that would send a much more meaningful message.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Exactly. I mean, if we can do it, why can't Jarmo? Hell, we've given him some names, all he has to do is make the call. He's an embarrassment.

For the record, wherever it's kept, I don't want to see a trade in this situation. The move I wouldn't mind seeing is one that nets a top 6 winger to replace Horton and doesn't have anything to do with the current insane injury situation.

But a minor move for some relief now isn't out of the question and while it may not be easy for the reasons you listed, it really is the very job of the GM to deal with those difficulties and get something done. I'm not surprised to hear people wanting that move made and implying it won't happen because it's hard is silly.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
For the record, wherever it's kept, I don't want to see a trade in this situation. The move I wouldn't mind seeing is one that nets a top 6 winger to replace Horton and doesn't have anything to do with the current insane injury situation.

But a minor move for some relief now isn't out of the question and while it may not be easy for the reasons you listed, it really is the very job of the GM to deal with those difficulties and get something done. I'm not surprised to hear people wanting that move made an implying it won't happen because it's hard is silly.

I agree with the top.

What's silly is assuming that it's easy just because we can conceive of it here. I'm not going to assume that, just because a deal hasn't been struck, that the CBJ FO hasn't considered it. To what extent, I don't, can't and likely won't know.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I agree with the top.

What's silly is assuming that it's easy just because we can conceive of it here. I'm not going to assume that, just because a deal hasn't been struck, that the CBJ FO hasn't considered it. To what extent, I don't, can't and likely won't know.

it's the little sarcastic wisecracks that get me. no one's saying it's easy, but some are saying it's hard and so that why it hasn't happened. As if Jarmo isn't responsible for maintaining the roster because of all these different factors even though that's what he's paid to do. I'm not making any assumptions, either, but let's not suggest degree-of-difficulty absolves our guy of doing work.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 7m7 minutes ago
#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen's phone is ringing quite a bit these days...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
it's the little sarcastic wisecracks that get me. no one's saying it's easy, but some are saying it's hard and so that why it hasn't happened. As if Jarmo isn't responsible for maintaining the roster because of all these different factors even though that's what he's paid to do. I'm not making any assumptions, either, but let's not suggest degree-of-difficulty absolves our guy of doing work.

Are you saying it's not hard? Because that's all I'm saying. I'm looking back through my posts for something that even suggests it's not Jarmo's job, and finding nothing.

EDIT:
These are damn narrow parameters, and do not take into account the possibility that another team might not want to trade said player, at least not for the assets afforded.

I'm not talking about an earth shattering, significant asset reducing trade. How about trading for a 3rd line NHLer that could admirably play up a line?

I'd like a trade to happen for a guy like Chris Higgins. He's a veteran middle six player who would fit in well here IMO, and wouldn't cost any significant assets to acquire.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Anderson / Rychel maybe?

Sure let's take the youngest lineup and make it younger. Let's add more noobs. As if Dano and Wennberg aren't enough. We have people complaining about Wennberg and Rychel is even less ready. Anderson I could see, but I don't think he's an upgrade, at this point, to the guys we brought up. Love Anderson but he's a project.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00