Movies: Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At the end of the day the, if you wanna watch a movie, go watch it. Who cares if a bunch of random people said it sucked?
To answer your question, people who aren't sure if they want to pay to go see it are the ones who tend to care about reviews. That's the point of reviews, not to hype up people who have already decided to go see it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
To answer your question, people who aren't sure if they want to pay to go see it are the ones who tend to care about reviews. That's the point of reviews, not to hype up people who have already decided to go see it.
Yeah I mean at least for me I’m always interested to see how a movie does critically but I wouldn’t say it ever actually impacts my decision to go see something or not, maybe if I wasn’t planning to see some movie and it got exceptional reviews I would check it out, I would certainly never forego seeing something I was actually interested in because of reviews though

Dec 29, 2004
I think I will skip this one. Could you assemble a cast with a more limited range? Rudd, Aykroyd, and Murray are just going to play the same characters they always play. In every movie. Moranis, Ramis, and Weaver brought the range to the first two.

And I have already seen that girl do her Egon impersonation and once was enough for me.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think I will skip this one. Could you assemble a cast with a more limited range? Rudd, Aykroyd, and Murray are just going to play the same characters they always play. In every movie. Moranis, Ramis, and Weaver brought the range to the first two.

And I have already seen that girl do her Egon impersonation and once was enough for me.

These guys are all playing characters that they played in a previous movie or movies, it wouldn't make much sense for them to play them differently this time

Dec 29, 2004
These guys are all playing characters that they played in a previous movie or movies, it wouldn't make much sense for them to play them differently this time
They are playing the same character they have played in almost every movie they have ever made. They needed a 'name' to help carry it forward, so they hired Paul Rudd to play 'Paul Rudd'. I guess Ryan Reynolds was busy that weekend.

But we all know the female Egon is going to be the center of attention here. No offense to her, but Harold Ramis' shoes are just too big for her to fill.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe this is the greatest Ghostbusters of all time and I am gonna miss out. Then again, the competition this movie will face at the box office isn't exactly stellar.

Anyway, enjoy the movie.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Anyone see it?

Took my 8 year old daughter to see it yesterday. She saw the last one 3 times in the theater, watched all the Real Ghostbusters and original movies.

By act 3, it was too scary for her and she asked to leave.

Prior to that, it’s alright. Slower burn/build up with even more nostalgia tossed in. Thought it was better than the last one.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Not a fan of this one. It had a couple of decent moments but i found this one to be boring for a good chunk of the film and even the nostalgic characters didn't do much for me. The trailer made it look way better than it actually is and for me that's enough with the Ghostbusters series. I've lost interest in these movies going forward.......

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I thought it was a fun ride! But if I didn't see it in 4dx I would have thought it was 30 minutes too long.

It didn't get caught up in a too advance plot, kept it simple and easy to follow.

But like I said when they told there was going to be a sequel... Was it really needed?

Also loved that James Acaster was there! A bit surprised that he could play someone who isn't cooky and crazy! He pulled it off and might actually work as an actor.

Nadeem was hilarious. Not extremely well-written as a character but there might be some stuff edited out regarding his order. I also got a feeling that Phoebe's friend.. Was more of a romance when they shot the movie and then it was cut do to tengaboys. It wouldn't have given the movie so much more but would have made Phoebe's actions easier to understand and given the ending more weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad