Post-Game Talk: Ghostbusters! Flyers @ Caps - 01/27 - 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
4 comparable situations and penalties to those went 0-4 to the away teams favor. You hardly never see that, especially against the home team.

Wilson hit <> VandeVelde (/Bellemare?) hit where Orlov's head bounced into Ryan White. Both as late, hard hits. Both guys that got hit went down. Both clean. Wilson called.

Holtby trip <> Neuvirth trip. Holtby trips Neuvirth when he drives the net. It was a good, obvious penalty because Read had him beat. Neuvirth trips Wilson who drives to the net with the puck, no call.

Niskanen trip <> Gudas trip. Both obvious calls. Niskanen called. Gudas somehow not called when he trips Kuznetsov on 1-on-1 situation.

Holtby delay of game <> Neuvirth delay of game. Holtby called when the puck went off the glass out. Referees played the guessing game there because it's obvious that none of them actually saw it. Neuvirth put the rolling puck straight out without anyone near him. That gets called every single time, and doesn't really matter if the puck is rolling or not. Duh.

I wish we had Montreal's home-ice advantage when it comes to the refs.

(I did say earlier that it wasn't the refs only at fault here, but damn that's some one-sided officiating.)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Seems like arm or wrist due to the hit by Simmonds.

I don't think it's the hit. He's skating and acting normal afterwards and doesn't go right to the bench even after the puck goes the other way.

Around the 35-36 second mark there's a play in the far corner and he spins backwards then tries to poke the puck on the boards. Immediately after that he takes his left hand off the stick and doesn't put it back, then goes to the bench. It seems like he may have jammed his wrist or something similar when trying to dig at that puck on that play.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
4 comparable situations and penalties to those went 0-4 to the away teams favor. You hardly never see that, especially against the home team.

Wilson hit <> VandeVelde (/Bellemare?) hit where Orlov's head bounced into Ryan White. Both as late, hard hits. Both guys that got hit went down. Both clean. Wilson called.

Holtby trip <> Neuvirth trip. Holtby trips Neuvirth when he drives the net. It was a good, obvious penalty because Read had him beat. Neuvirth trips Wilson who drives to the net with the puck, no call.

Niskanen trip <> Gudas trip. Both obvious calls. Niskanen called. Gudas somehow not called when he trips Kuznetsov on 1-on-1 situation.

Holtby delay of game <> Neuvirth delay of game. Holtby called when the puck went off the glass out. Referees played the guessing game there because it's obvious that none of them actually saw it. Neuvirth put the rolling puck straight out without anyone near him. That gets called every single time, and doesn't really matter if the puck is rolling or not. Duh.

I wish we had Montreal's home-ice advantage when it comes to the refs.

(I did say earlier that it wasn't the refs only at fault here, but damn that's some one-sided officiating.)
+
3 of those non calls in 3rd period.
And there should be 1:19 of 5on3 at the end of the game.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Has anyone ever seen a goalie called for tripping based on their leg pad? I've seen from the stick, and I get that, but I can't recall ever seeing that before.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Has anyone ever seen a goalie called for tripping based on their leg pad? I've seen from the stick, and I get that, but I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Holtby has been called for that few times before. Usually happens when the puck goes from side-to-side quickly, and the shooter fakes the shot and tries to go round the goalie. It's a good penalty because 99% of the time the goalie is already out of position and has nothing else to do to prevent the goal.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I don't think it's the hit. He's skating and acting normal afterwards and doesn't go right to the bench even after the puck goes the other way.

Around the 35-36 second mark there's a play in the far corner and he spins backwards then tries to poke the puck on the boards. Immediately after that he takes his left hand off the stick and doesn't put it back, then goes to the bench. It seems like he may have jammed his wrist or something similar when trying to dig at that puck on that play.

I think it may have happened on that Simmonds play still. The way he went into the boards reminded me of when I had a Boxer's fracture on a similar play. I played a couple extra shifts before realizing something was wrong. Sure enough, a broken metacarpal.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Holtby has been called for that few times before. Usually happens when the puck goes from side-to-side quickly, and the shooter fakes the shot and tries to go round the goalie. It's a good penalty because 99% of the time the goalie is already out of position and has nothing else to do to prevent the goal.

I haven't watched a replay of it, but did he get the puck. If so, I am surprised the whole "get the puck" - no penalty precedent wasn't applied, especially to a goaltender in his crease.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I haven't watched a replay of it, but did he get the puck. If so, I am surprised the whole "get the puck" - no penalty precedent wasn't applied, especially to a goaltender in his crease.

Nope he didn't.

This wasn't the case for that 'saving the sure goal' though, as Read fumbled the puck after he rounded Holtby, but Holtby was obviously already then committed to that trip as he got beat.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Caps had some rust and dumb moments, especially in their own zone, not concerned. Starting to think playing a bunch of games after ASG will actually be good instead. They're getting plenty of rest right now.

I agree Mojo prob has hurt hand or shoulder there, of course they said "lower body injury". I don't see that at all.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
i liked Oshie in the 3rd when hit hard, went after an innocent flyer just as hard. I wish we had more Osheesh's ™

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The important thing is that it is some sort of body injury. So at least we know his soul is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad