Post-Game Talk: Ghostbusters! Flyers @ Caps - 01/27 - 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I hate injury reports in the NHL. It's so vague, the human anatomy isn't simply upper and lower body. I guess they don't even know whether the hand is located in the upper or lower body.

Agreed. All other sports are not concerned with insider info for opponents to target dangling limbs.

The NHL just needs to completely eliminate any report at all, other than "injured". Why designate upper / lower, as a only fuels speculation.

Lower ok great, trip his ass. Upper injury? Oh ok I am going to slash his wrists.

As long as they don't hang below the waist.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think it's the hit. He's skating and acting normal afterwards and doesn't go right to the bench even after the puck goes the other way..

my view of that is that he slowed down folling the play back to the Caps zone. I think he got dinged in the Caps zone and chased the play on offense and didn't grasp that he had an injury til he started skating back on defense.

to me he seems to change his body posture in the neutral zone all by himself. might be a tweaked a muscle in a body twist I guess

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
If it was a nagging thing then wouldn't sitting him for this game have been the better way to go?

Yeah, that's a bit strange.

Especially since Trotz says they knew they would do it before the Flyers game. Why not announce it then, and just miss the Flyers game as "punishment"..? Or do players who skip must sit out the game AFTER the All-Star break?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, that's a bit strange.

Especially since Trotz says they knew they would do it before the Flyers game. Why not announce it then, and just miss the Flyers game as "punishment"..? Or do players who skip must sit out the game AFTER the All-Star break?

A player skipping the ASG is missing a game either before or after the ASG as a punishment. Ovi could've skipped yesterday's game and have 2 straight weeks of rest.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
A player skipping the ASG is missing a game either before or after the ASG as a punishment. Ovi could've skipped yesterday's game and have 2 straight weeks of rest.

Have to think he tweaked it yesterday and decided to rest it.

EDIT: I know Trotz said otherwise, but maybe they were waiting to see how he felt after the long layoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad